MSG to EML conversion issues (C# .NET)

Scenario: I have MSG file (attached). Message body is in RTF format. I convert message to EML format (Aspose.Email automatically converts body to HTML).

Issues. Open resulting EML file in Outlook ans see the following issues:
  1. Signature has no images (red crosses). Signature images became regular attachments. Exchange does conversion differently (please see “if exchange online converts message.png”) - red crosses are still present but signature images are shown also.
  2. Google+ image from the signature is shown instead of Word attachment.
  3. 4 attached images (ATT00001-c-c.jpg and other) became regular attachments, whereas they become inline images if exchange converts this message to EML.
Question: Can other users registered on forum see my attachments?

Code
var m = MailMessage.Load(“sample.eml”);

m.Attachments[0].Save(“1.msg”);
m = MailMessage.Load(@“1.msg”);
m.Save(“1.eml”, new EmlSaveOptions(MailMessageSaveType.EmlFormat));

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for writing to Aspose Support team.

We were able to reproduce this issue at our end and have logged it as EMAILNET-38431 in our issue tracking system for further investigation by our Product team. We’ll update you here once there is some information or a fix version available in this regard.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as EMAILNET-38431) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.
Hi.

Tested new build. Confirming that signature images issue has been fixed.

But have the following:
  1. Place holder (red cross) of DOCX attachment (that has been moved to the list of regular attachments as a result of conversion) is still shown in the message body (see 1 on a screenshot феесрув to this post). Need to enhance conversion, so that IMG tag is not inserted if attachment becomes regular. Please share your thoughts.
  2. Regular image attachments from RTF body has been moved to the list of regular attachments in the resulting HTML message and red crosses are shown in the message body (see 2 on a screenshot attached). When Exchange server converts, it makes them inline (see second screenshot from the initial post). So I think ideally we need to get the same behavior. Thoughts?
Thanks,
Alex

Hi Alex,

The issue was fixed fro the 4 bottom icons that are embedded as OLE objects, have been fixed. However, the rest of the images shown in MSG file are icons of attachments and can not be fixed as EML format does not provide a display of attachments as icons.

Hi.

I understand about icons in EML messages with HTML body.

But I did not ask to show icons in the body (please read carefully my previous post).

1. …Need to enhance conversion, so that IMG tag is not inserted if attachment becomes regular.

In the first item I suggested not to add IMG tag (which results in a red cross in the resulting HTML body) during conversion if attachment becomes regular (like word document on screenshots).

2. … When Exchange server makes conversion, it makes them inline (see second screenshot from the initial post). So I think ideally we need to get the same behavior.

When Exchange converts, then resulting HTML body contains images itself - not icons. And I suggested doing the same. See screenshot attached to this post.

Thanks,
Alex

Hi Alex,

The requirement is further logged as EMAILNET-38446 in our issue tracking system for consideration by our Product team. We’ll update you here once there is some information or a fix version available in this regard.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as EMAILNET-38446) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Hi,

Tested with the latest Aspose.Email 6.9. From the initial testing conversion works like a charm.

Will report here if find any related issue.

Thanks for a great work,
Alex

Hi Alex,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Please feel free to write to us if you have any further query related to the API.