MSG to EML conversion

Hi,
I am using Aspose email 3.6.0 java version. I converted a PST file to eml using Aid4Mail and Aspose and observed several differences. Aid4mail directly converts PST to eml. In Aspose I have to first convert to .msg, load the .msg file and then save it as .eml file - can the conversion be done directly without creating .msg files?
Below are the differences, please let me know how to resolve this - it's quiet urgent.

1) Send date Time stamp - Aid4Mail matches with the PST file, Aspose time stamp is different
Aid4 - Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2013 00:57:57 +0530
Aspose - Date: 12 Dec 2013 15:27:59 +0000

2) Charset - Aid4mail - "iso-8859-1" , encoding - 7 bits Aspose is converting to "utf-8", encoding - 8 bits - because of this some characters like "." is changing to '=2E". All the dots are converted to "=2E" and there are many more issues

3) Aid4mail has headers like below it's not present in Aspose

X-Mailer: Microsoft Office Outlook 12.0
Sensitivity: Company-Confidential
Content-Language: en-us
X-Mailer: FOOKES SOFTWARE Aid4Mail (MAPI source mail)
X-Folder: Inbox

4) Aspose is removing the content disposition header
Content-Disposition: attachment ( present in Aid4mail) , this header is not present in Aspose. I have to update this header but this header itself is removed by Aspose...

and many more differences....all may be because of encoding.

Please let me know how to resolve this. It;s very urgent.

Also when converting to EML from msg files I observed some more files with file type File and 0 bytes in size. For security reasons I cannot send the eml/pst files for your analysis. with same PST file the output of Aspose is different and Aid4mail is different.

Hi Satish,

I have gone through the information and tried the scenario using one of the sample PST having a message in INBOX. The Msg is extracted from PST and saved as EML on disc using Aspose.Email for Java 3.8.0. Similarly the same PST was converted to EML using Aid4Mail and compared with the output EML extracted by Aspose.

Following are my findings:
[quote user="satish.seenivasan"]
1) Send date Time stamp - Aid4Mail matches with the PST file, Aspose time stamp is different
Aid4 - Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2013 00:57:57 +0530
Aspose - Date: 12 Dec 2013 15:27:59 +0000
[/quote]
It is observed that dates are exactly same in both the output EML files.

2) Charset - Aid4mail - "iso-8859-1" , encoding - 7 bits Aspose is converting to "utf-8", encoding - 8 bits - because of this some characters like "." is changing to '=2E". All the dots are converted to "=2E" and there are many more issues
[/quote]
Encoding is same as utf-8 in both the output EML files.

3) Aid4mail has headers like below it's not present in Aspose

X-Mailer: Microsoft Office Outlook 12.0
Sensitivity: Company-Confidential
Content-Language: en-us
X-Mailer: FOOKES SOFTWARE Aid4Mail (MAPI source mail)
X-Folder: Inbox
[/quote]
It is observed that following headers are found in both the output EML files:
  1. X-Mailer: Microsoft Office Outlook 12.0
  2. Content-Language: en-us
Following headers are missing in both EML files:
  1. Sensitivity: Company-Confidential
  2. X-Mailer: FOOKES SOFTWARE Aid4Mail (MAPI source mail)
  3. Status: U
However "X-Folder: Debug" is found in Aid4Mail converted file only and is missing in Aspose generated EML file.

4) Aspose is removing the content disposition header
Content-Disposition: attachment ( present in Aid4mail) , this header is not present in Aspose. I have to update this header but this header itself is removed by Aspose...
[/quote]
The header "Content-Disposition:" is missing in both the files.

and many other characters are changed because of encoding even numbers
Aid4mail - Generated on: Dec 12, 2013 10:27:57 AM EST
Aspose - Generated on: Dec 11, 2013 2:27:54 PM EST
Why date is changed?
[/quote]
This date is not found in both the files.

Regarding your concern of encoding, as discussed earlier the implementation scheme may differ but as both the output EML files are read properly (rather exactly similar) by Outlook, so its not an issue in encoding by Aspose.Email.

Following is a comment from your second post:
Also when converting to EML from msg files I observed some more files with file type File and 0 bytes in size.
[/quote]
No such file is observed in EML generated by Aspose.Email.

It seems that most of the issues are specific to your sample PST file. For further investigation, we need your assistance to re-produce the issue here, as it is difficult for us to provide solution without the sample file.

Could you please arrange a PST containing atleast one such message? You may modify the message body and subject if required, otherwise I would like to share that here at Aspose only authorized people are allowed to access the user data and special care is taken to delete it after analysis and testing.

Thanks in advance for your patience and understanding in this regard.