Multiple Assemblies of Aspose

Hi I have a product that still uses Aspose 9.6 and we have recently upgraded to Aspose 20.9.

Unfortunately the new version of aspose doesn’t quite produce the same output as the older version, and that is a requirement from both clients / compliance reasons.

This is a Web App, and I’ve figured out how to deploy both versions of the dll and intercept the assembly loading and to provide the proper one based off a configuration, but this seems to be a one time deal. As loading and unloading assemblies in .net can be a nightmare (AppDomain etc…).

To be able to use either assembly, the only solution I can come up with is to make two separate services to handle the request.

Has anyone else come across this restriction or problem? And If so what did you do to mitigate it?

thanks,

Julian

@fluffy

Please note that Aspose.Words mimics the behavior of MS Word. Perhaps, the output generated by latest version of Aspose.Words is correct. You do not need to create separate application/service for this issue. Please attach the following resources here for testing:

• Your input Word document.
  • Please attach the output Word file that shows the undesired behavior.
  • Please attach the expected output Word file that shows the desired behavior.
  • Please create a standalone console application ( source code without compilation errors ) that helps us to reproduce your problem on our end and attach it here for testing.

As soon as you get these pieces of information ready, we will start investigation into your issue and provide you more information. Thanks for your cooperation.

PS: To attach these resources, please zip and upload them.

Hi I appreciate the answer. I will attempt to put this together for you. This will take some time to put a stand alone example as I will need to extract all the code from the sections of our application where we are seeing this functionality.
Julian

@fluffy

Please share the requested resources here for testing. We will then investigate the issue and provide you more information on it.