Multiple line header not working when convert pdf to word

Hi support,

My pdf have a multiple line under the header. However, the second line does not included as part of the header in my converted Word document.

screenshot:

My input file:
PreMinutes - Package Shermie’s Meeting_Oct08_2024.pdf (358.4 KB)

My output file:
PreMinutes - Package Shermie’s Meeting_Oct08_2024.docx (186.0 KB)

@slai2 I am afraid I do not see the problem on your screenshot. Could you please elaborate?
You should note, Aspose.Words is designed to work with MS Word documents. MS Word documents are flow documents and they have structure very similar to Aspose.Words Document Object Model . On the other hand PDF documents are fixed page format documents. While loading PDF document Fixed Page Document structure is converted into the Flow Document Object Model. Unfortunately, such conversion does not guaranty 100% fidelity.

Let me rephase the question. In our pdf we have some text defined as “header” and it can have multiple line, is there a way I can tell Aspose that those text (from the pdf) are part of the header in Word doc when converting from pdf to word. So it can convert properly?

@slai2 Unfortunately, there is no way to instruct Aspose.Words to recognize some part of content as header upon reading from PDF.

I tried to increase the top padding under the PDF, so the multiple line header text is at the top separated.

However, the second line of text still not being included in the Word header. Is this something your conversion can be fixed? (i.e. the second line will be part of the Word header element)

input file:
PostMinutes - Package Shermie’s Meeting_Oct08_2024 (1).pdf (300.5 KB)

output file:
PostMinutes - Package Shermie’s Meeting_Oct08_2024 (3).docx (185.4 KB)

@slai2
We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): WORDSNET-27495

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.