I am currently evaluating Aspose.Tasks for creating PDF/XPS/XML/MPP files within our application. However, I am having some issues with inconsistencies between the different file format. I am listing them all below.
I have created a simple project with 3 summary tasks, each having 3 child tasks. Each child task spans 2 days, so each summary task is a total of 6 days. Each summary task begins in separate months (for example, January, February and March).
1) Duration value is calculated incorrectly (for PDF and XPS output)
2) Range bars for each child task spans 4 days, not 2 (for XPS output)
3) Project.WeekStartDay property is not respected (for PDF and XPS output)
4) Output should span across multiple pages (since there are 3 months involved), but only the first page is output to file (for PDF and XPS output)
5) Creation of XML file seems to contain correct project information, however, when importing it into MS Project, the dates default to the current date (Sept 17), not Jan, Feb or Mar. Also, Duration is not calculated correctly and also does not show consistent Duration type (summary level shows "minutes", child level shows "days").
I haven't even attempted to assign resources or link tasks together, so if I have any further problems I will send those to you as well.
Can you please look into these reported issues and let me know what can be done to resolve them? I have attached the PDF, XPS and XML formats that demonstrate the problems.
As mentioned earlier, I am evaluating Aspose.Tasks and pessimistic that I will purchase a license unless these issues can be resolved.
Thank you for your attention to this matter.