My formEditor.FoveField does not work on pre-created template output

My formEditor.FoveField does not work on pre-created template output

Any Suggession?

This message was posted using Aspose.Live 2 Forum

Hi Aishah,

Thank you very much for considering Aspose.

Are you talking about FormEditor.MoveField method? Are you using the latest version of Aspose.Pdf.Kit at your end? If yes then can you please share a little more details regarding your requirement, along with sample PDF file?

We’re looking forward to help you out.
Regards,

I am trying to move the control on a pre-created template, but it does does not work. I created the pdf with Adobe Professional editor.

Aspose.Pdf.Kit.Form formEditor = new Aspose.Pdf.Kit.Form(templatePdfPath);
formEditor.MoveField(“TextFieldTitle”, 200, 710, 225, 735);
formEditor.Save();

Just a further info : I am using Aspose.Pdf.Kit for .NET 3.8.0 of the dll, does this version support formEditor.MoveField?

Cheers

Hi Aishah,

I have tested the issue using Aspose.Pdf.Kit for .NET 3.8.0, but couldn’t notice the problem. MoveField method is working perfectly. I’m afraid, we’ll have to test the issue with your particular file. Please share the problematic PDF with us, so we could test the issue at our end.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,

Hi Aspose Team

Thanks for all you efforts. I have attached the file as requested. I have been able to add new controls to it in specific co-ordinates. However when I try to move an existing control in this template (i.e. TextFieldTitle) or a newly added control, it does not work. I am providing the code below FYI. I have also tried it with all other version without success.

string sourcePath = HttpContext.Current.Server.MapPath(ConfigurationManager.AppSettings["BookPDFtemplate"].ToString());

string destPath = HttpContext.Current.Server.MapPath(ConfigurationManager.AppSettings["BookPDFdestination"].ToString());

//create instance of FormEditor

FormEditor editor = new FormEditor(sourcePath, destPath);

//move field to new position

editor.MoveField("TextFieldTitle", 10, 10, 50, 50);

This does not work either:

//remove existing field from the PDF

editor.RemoveField("TextFieldTitle”);

editor.Save();

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind regards

Ahsanul Shah
Application Developer

55 Degrees North

Pilgrim Street

Newcastle upon Tyne

NE1 6BF

United Kingdom

Email

ahsanul.shah@think.eu

Telephone

+44 (0)191 241 7000

Mobile

+44 (0)759 582 1007

Facsimile

+44 (0)191 241 7002

Website

www.think.eu

Hi Ahsanul,

I have tested both of these issues at my end and logged them as under:

PDFKITNET-14068 - unable to move field
PDFKITNET-14070 - unable to remove field

Our team will look into these issues and you’ll be updated via this forum thread once the issues are resolved.

Regards,

Hi Aspose Team
Thank you very much for taking the time to verify the problem. I was wondering whether you have any information as to when we might have a resolution to this issue?

Kind regards

Ahsanul Shah
Application Developer

55 Degrees North

Pilgrim Street

Newcastle upon Tyne

NE1 6BF

United Kingdom

Email

ahsanul.shah@think.eu

Telephone

+44 (0)191 241 7000

Mobile

+44 (0)759 582 1007

Facsimile

+44 (0)191 241 7002

Website

www.think.eu

Hi Ahsanul,

I’m afraid, we can’t share the ETA at the moment. Our team still has to investigate the issue to find out the cause of this problem; we’ll inform you via this forum thread once we get some idea about the time required for the resolution of this issue.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience. If you have any further questions, please do let us know.
Regards,

<span style=“font-size: 10pt; font-family: “Arial”,“sans-serif”; color: black; font-weight: bold;”>

Hi Aspose Team
I appreciate your prompt response. I have another possible issue with Form.FillImageField. While it’s perfectly ok to put an image with an extention with .htm or .jpeg or .bmp it however, does not work on .ashx file despite that fact that it’s mime type is .jpeg?

Kind regards

<!–[if gte mso 10]>

/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}

<![endif]–>

Ahsanul Shah
Application Developer

55 Degrees North

Pilgrim Street

Newcastle upon Tyne

NE1 6BF

United Kingdom

Email

ahsanul.shah@think.eu

Telephone

+44 (0)191 241 7000

Mobile

+44 (0)759 582 1007

Facsimile

+44 (0)191 241 7002

Website

www.think.eu

Hi Ahsanul,

We’re looking into your requirement and you’ll be updated with the results the earliest possible.

Regards,
<span style=“font-size: 10pt; font-family: “Arial”,“sans-serif”; color: black; font-weight: bold;”>

Hi Ahsanul,

Our team has looked into your requirement and I would like to update you with the details. As .ashx files define ASP.NET HTTP Handlers and doesn’t define any physical thing like .JPG etc, so it is not feasible to support .ashx file to fill the field. Nevertheless, can you please elaborate your requirement a little bit, so we could further look into this matter?

Regards,