Need info on using licensed Arial Unicode MS font

Hello,

I have posted a query on wrongly rendering of Chinese character issue on PDF last week on Chinese character rendering issue on PDF while converting HTML to PDF using Aspose.words for java - #2 by gauravbhangale - Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Aspose Staff member Mr. Tahir Manzoor replied me with a solution to install Arial Unicode MS font and the issue was resolved.

However i have installed the free version of the font on dev machine, Now i want to install this on Production server so need info on how to fulfill the license requirement of this font or this is included in aspose.words license itself?

Please guide.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Gaurav,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please note that Aspose.Words does not include font license in its license. You need to buy ‘Arial Unicode’ license.

Moreover, when you unzip Aspose.Words.Java.zip, one of the folders is named ‘License’. Open the file ‘thirdpartylicenses-Aspose.Words for Java.txt’ with notepad and you will find the required information about licenses.

Tahir Manzoor

Hello Tahir,

Thank you for your reply.

Can you tell me any other font which is freely available and i can use it on prod server without any issue?

Thanks.

Hi Gaurav,

Thanks for your inquiry. Your query is more related to free Chinese fonts. Please check following web links. Hope these help you.
Font equivalent to Arial Unicode MS
Free Unicode Chinese Fonts

Moreover, we suggest you please read following article:
How Aspose.Words Uses True Type Fonts

Hello Tahir,

Thanks for your answer. However the fonts mentioned in the link are not working.

Can you please provide any other free chinese font?

Thanks.

Hi Gaurav,

Thanks for your inquiry. You can try Google Noto Fonts which is a collection of fonts that cover most of the ranges specified in the Unicode standard. Hope this helps you.