Need option to not extract images from Excel; if extracted- then Aspose.Pdf needs option or API to clean up these files

I am using the latest Aspose.Cells and Aspose.Pdf for Java to convert Excel files to PDF files. I noticed that the API extracts .emf files into my working directory (these are charts and such that happen to be in the Excel documents).

There needs to be an option to not extract these images while converting from Excel to Aspose.Pdf XML.

There also needs to be an option or API (e.g. "cleanup" or "close" method on Aspose.Pdf, or "setCleanTempFiles(boolean clean)) on the Aspose.Pdf object so that when the caller is done with the conversion, the extracted files can be cleaned up properly.

I'm attaching one of the Excel files that is causing this + my Java code + an XML file that is fed to Aspose.Pdf.

Hi,

Sorry for replying you late. We are looking into the details of this matter and will reply to you soon.

Hi,

We will support deleting the temp images in the future version. This issue is logged as PDFJAVA-6747.

Hi,

We have added a new pair of methods set/isImagesInXmlDeleteNeeded() in Pdf class. You can set this property to true to indicate the program to delete the extracted files automatically. But our product doesn’t support emf type image at present. Maybe we will support it in the future release.

Thank you for using our product.