Need same page number as in original docx file

HI Team,

When I am saving a word document as pdf using aspose word, converted pdf have different page number as compared to original docx file. This further create confusion as table of content in pdf does not update these new page numbers in it.It still refer to page number provided in original document.

So I want either doc to pdf conversion is same page by page or table of content also reflect new page numbers.

@yogeshkhandar,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please call Document.UpdatePageLayout method before saving document to PDF. If you still face problem, please ZIP and attach your input Word document here for testing. We will investigate the issue on our side and provide you more information.

Hi Tahir,

Thanks for quick response.
Solution did not work.
What I think issue is mainly with aspose increasing the number of pages while converting doc to pdf maybe due to rendering style difference.I am not sure.
So if we could ensure that pdf matches page to page to original docx file, problem would get solved. So is there a way to achieve that.
Please share your thoughts on it.

@yogeshkhandar,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please note that Aspose.Words requires TrueType fonts when rendering document to fixed-page formats (JPEG, PNG, PDF or XPS). You need to install fonts that are used in your document on the machine where you are converting document to PDF. Please refer to the following article:

How Aspose.Words Uses True Type Fonts

1 Like