Need some help downloading powerpoint over https

hello,

I am using aspose.slides to create a powerpoint file in our asp.net system. when I develop locally, it works great. When I push the code to our development environment, which is running https, the Internet Explorer toolbar pops up and says “To help protect your security, Internet Explorer blocked this site from downloading files to your computer…”

I have tried the .Save method and passed in the response and I have also tried to set the content type to “application/vnd.ms-powerpoint” and the .Write method. Both methods have the same results.

Could someone please help with this issue.
thanks,
hesom

Hello,

I have attached a screen shot of the issue I see along with some code:

_Presentation.Save(String.Format(ATTACHMENT, FileName), Aspose.Slides.Export.SaveFormat.Ppt, System.Web.HttpContext.Current.Response,true)

I have also tried this way to export, still not working:

Const ATTACHMENT As String = “attachment; filename={0}.ppt”

System.Web.HttpContext.Current.Response.ContentType = “application/vnd.ms-powerpoint”
System.Web.HttpContext.Current.Response.AppendHeader(“Content-Disposition”, String.Format(ATTACHMENT, FileName))

Dim st As System.IO.Stream = System.Web.HttpContext.Current.Response.OutputStream

_Presentation.Write(st)
_Presentation = Nothing

System.Web.HttpContext.Current.Response.End()

Dear Hescom,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Slides.

I have used the following code snippet for uploading the PPT file. Please try using the following code snippet for your application. But still I feel that the setting need to be done on Internet Explorer end as well. Please also visit this link for your information.

Dim pres As Presentation = New Presentation("D:\\ppt\\Test.ppt")

'Initializing Memory Stream

Dim MemStream As MemoryStream = New MemoryStream()

pres.Write(MemStream)

MemStream.Position = 0

'Intializing buffer

Dim pBuffer As Byte()

pBuffer = New Byte(MemStream.Length) {}

'Memory stream to buffer

MemStream.Read(pBuffer, 0, MemStream.Length)

Response.Clear()

Response.ContentType = "application/vnd.ms-powerpoint"

'Response.WriteFile("D:\\ppt\\Page_Number.pps");//.Write(pBuffer, 0, (int)ms.Length);

Response.AppendHeader("Content-Disposition", "inline; filename=Page_Number.ppt")

'//write the image to the output stream

Response.OutputStream.Write(pBuffer, 0, pBuffer.Length)

Response.End()

Thanks and Regards,