Need to convert word to html with track changes view

I need to convert word to html with track changes view.
image.png (3.5 KB)
Attached is the track changes view of word document.
Need to convert it to html with same information. Is it possible?

1 Like

@Kusal01 by default when you save in HTML format track changes are saved. Please check the following example:

var doc = new Aspose.Words.Document("C:\\Temp\\input.docx");

HtmlSaveOptions htmlSaveOptions = new HtmlSaveOptions()
{
    ExportOriginalUrlForLinkedImages = true,
    ExportPageSetup= true,
    ImagesFolder = "C:\\Temp\\output\\img",
    ImagesFolderAlias = "img",
    // This option is true by deafult, but if you want to save the track changes information you cannot set it to false
    ExportRoundtripInformation = true
};

doc.Save("C:\\Temp\\output\\output.html", htmlSaveOptions);

Thanks Eduardo, I see the track changes reflected in html. Can we have metadata of list of elements where changes was done?

I need to track changes on styles as well for example my paragraph has testStyle2 now I make it testStyle1?

image.png (6.7 KB)

@Kusal01

Can we have metadata of list of elements where changes was done?

In the HTML file, revision data are reflected in the style property of the elements. This metadata can be easily detected because it starts with -aw-import.

I need to track changes on styles as well for example my paragraph has testStyle2 now I make it testStyle1?

Changes to the format are not saved in the HTML file. Please note that HTML and MS Word documents are quite different in format and structure, which means that not all metadata is included when the document is converted.

Thanks for the quick response.

1 Like

Hello will this show the side bar on the lines and paragraphs where changes were there as in word document …?

@Raghul214 The question is answered in another you thread:
https://forum.aspose.com/t/need-to-convert-word-to-html-with-track-changes-all-changes-in-word-to-be-visible/288336/3

1 Like