Need to distinguish FolderInfo types!

Given any PST/OST, I need to extract MSG files for the IPM items only. Anything in a folder whose PR_FOLDER_TYPE is FOLDER_GENERIC; that is, an item created by a human, or in the IPM_SUBTREE (if it exists), I want those items.

I don't need to iterate system folders, anything within NON_IPM_SUBTREE, or any views or folder whose PR_FOLDER_TYPE is FOLDER_SEARCH. Any item created by Outlook as opposed to a person, I don't want those.

Using Aspose.Network.Outlook.Pst, how can I distinguish between FOLDER_GENERIC and FOLDER_SEARCH types?

MAPI Folders: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc842263.aspx

There is no FolderInfo.FolderType property, and FolderInfo.ContainerClass is not reliable enough to let me distinguish between FOLDER_GENERIC and FOLDER_SEARCH types.

I am currently iterating recursively from PersonalStorage.RootFolder down the hierarchy, but I need to skip the irrelevant items. How can I accomplish this?

Thank you for any help!
Rob

Hi Rob,

Thank you for inquiry.

We will look into it and will add such property if feasible. I will update you when it gets available.

Hi Rob,

Thank you for your patience and sorry for the delayed response on this.

I have just received the comments from the development end. I have learned that there are no means available to distinguish between the FOLDER_GENERIC and FOLDER_SEARCH folders in a PST/OST file due the reason that Aspose.Email for .NET already lists the folders relating to FOLDER_GENERIC type only.

Regards,