Needed files in Aspose.Slides.Net and Aspose.Cells package

I have downloaded latest version Aspose.Cells and Aspose.Slide for my .net web application but inside package i have below files.
Aspose.Cells.20.4.0
acw_client
Help
lib
MonoAndriod44
net20,35,40,40-client
netstandard20
xamarinios10
license
.signature
aspose.Cells.20.4.0.nupkg

Aspose.Slides.NET.20.5.0
Help
Lib
.signature
Aspose.Slides.NET.20.5.0.nupkg
Aspose_end user license agreement
aspose_slides-for-net-min
thirdPartylicense.Aspose.Slides.for.Net

1.Can you suggest me if i delete files other than “lib” and “.nupkg” it will create any impact.
2. In lib folder having lot of version net4.0 net40-client etc.Can you give me a verion which are using for .net

I can’t use all the files because it will increase my project size… please help me on the package setup

@RajRitheesh,
We are gathering information in this regard and will share our feedback soon.

@RajRitheesh,

I have observed your following two questions:

When you install the package using Nuget package manager or console then based on your application target .NET Framework only appropriate >NET assembly (DLL+ XML) will get copied in your program Debug or Release folder ( Depending on your release configuration). After this even if you remove packages folder there will be not affect at all on your application as long as you manually remove the DLL from your Debug or Release folders. Other than that there are no other requirements. Please check the following image of packages.config for your convenience where you will find information about which assembly will be used for your project based on your target framework.

image.png (4.4 KB)

@mudassir.fayyaz Thanks for your response :slight_smile:

I need one more small clarification.
What is difference between net40 and net40-client in aspose cell 20.4…

I’m using .Net framework 4.5 after installed under lib folder I’m able to see lot of dll assembly under aspose cells 20.4.0 and aspose . Slide 20.5.0 lib folder like net20,net 40,net40-client ,net standard2.0 etc

For aspose.cell and aspose.slide, could you suggest me which folder DLL I need to prefer for .net framework 4.5.??

@RajRitheesh,

Folder net40-client contains Aspose.Cells.Dll to be used for NET Framework 4 Client Profile which is a subset of the .NET Framework 4 (refer to net40 folder) that is optimized for client applications. It provides functionality for most client applications, including Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), Windows Forms, Windows Communication Foundation (WCF), etc. which .NET Framework 4 supports but still it has some limitations. For example, The .NET Framework 4 Client Profile does not include the following features. You must use/have the .NET Framework 4 to use these features in your applications:

• ASP.NET
  • Advanced Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) functionality
  • .NET Framework Data Provider for Oracle
  • MSBuild for compiling

See the document for your reference:

Moreover, you should use Aspose assemblies in net4.0 folder for application targeted for .NET Framework 4.5.

@Amjad_Sahi Thanks for your response :slight_smile:

I have updated Aspose.cells 20.4.0 and i’m getting one warning in Worksheet.cells.ImportDataTable.

“Cells.ImportDataTable(DataTable,bool,int,int,int,int, bool)” is obsolete: ‘use cells.ImportTable(Datatable,int,int,ImportTableoption)’

Its not creating any error but showing as warning… So i want to know it will create any impact in my solution?

@RajRitheesh,
When a feature, property or function is marked as obsolete, the recommended practice is to replace that feature with the suggested alternate. Note that once a feature is marked as obsolete, it means it will be removed from the DLL in some future version. Normally we keep obsolete features for about one year but its better to replace them, otherwise if you upgrade to some newer version in future, your application may break due to removal of these obsolete features.

Hope it clarifies the scenario.

@ahsaniqbalsidiqui

Yes got it. Thanks for your support :slight_smile:

@RajRitheesh,
You are welcome.