Negative Array Size processing NSF

Hi to all,

NSF import does’t appear to work. Negative array size when working with NSF file. I’m using Aspose.email v21.1

this is a portion of code to process NSF file:

try {
        for (MailMessage eml : nsf.enumerateMessages()) {
            System.out.println("OK, start processing...");
            System.out.println(String.format("Subject: %s extracted", (eml.getSubject())));
            System.out.println("OK, go next...");
        }
    } finally {
        nsf.dispose();
    }

This is the result with exception

OK, start processing…
Message BENE, ma… extracted
OK, go next…
class java.lang.NegativeArraySizeException

This is the sample NSF I’m working with:

Samplebox.nsf.zip (9.3 MB)

@libraesva,
Thank you for the issue description. I reproduced the problem and received the same results. I have logged the issue in our tracking system with ID EMAILJAVA-34829 for further investigation. You will be notified when it is fixed.

@libraesva,
To our regret, there is not a detailed open specification for the NSF format. This problem will not be fixed for a while.

Hi,

this is a basic operation to interact permit get all messages from this archiver, in my opinion until this issue will not be fixed, you can’t promote NSF as supported.

Thank you

@libraesva,
We are making our best effort to support the NSF format as well. To our research, we usually investigate NSF files from Lotus Notes software. Your file sample apparently has been created by Domino software. Could you please confirm it? These programs are different. It would be great if you could share a few more NSF files for our investigation.

I confirm.

Thank you, for your feedback.

Hi Andrey,

any news?

@libraesva,
We still don’t have enough data to figure out a problem cause and resolve this issue. Could you share additional NSF files having the same issue, please? It would help us very much.

We already, gave you the NSF sample that cause the issue.

@libraesva,
Yes, our development team investigated this file. We have still not found a reason for the exception.