Negative impact to Performance when using SetFormula

I have seen a negative impact to performance when using ‘Aspose.Cells.Cell.SetFormula’.

I am needing to write over 100k rows to an exported file. I am also passing the FormulaParseOptions and setting Parse = false and CheckAddIn = false.

To compare performance impact as a test, I used ‘Aspose.Cells.Cell.PutValue’ and we can export the file in a minute. With SetFormula it takes 2 hours!

Can someone help me understand how SetFormula can be used without the performance impact?

@ZudyAlvarezMarsal,

If you are exporting the workbook to ooxml files such as xlsx, xlsm, … and you will never use the set formulas for operations such as calculating, inserting/deleting…, you may try FormulaParseOptions.Parse = false for setting formulas.

Hello, I am using the option “FormulaParseOptions.Parse = false” as stated in the post

@ZudyAlvarezMarsal,

We are afraid we need your runnable resources(code, template files, …) to reproduce the issue and try to figure it out. Generally even without Parse=false option, setting formulas should not cause so bad performance. However, if you perform some other operations such as inserting/deleting ranges, large amount of formulas will cause significant performance downgrade because all of them need to be analyzed and changed for those operations.