Nested Mail Merge and Charts

Hi there,

I’m looking to use Aspose.Words to generate a report with a section that repeats dynamically. This section has both text fields and charts. I was thinking of using nested mail merge to generate this section, but I want the chart as objects (users should be able to change color/font etc) and not as an image. Is that possible?

Also, it is possible to draw the charts in my template and only update it with data at runtime?

Thanks,

Manish

Hi Manish,

Thanks for your inquiry.
mdb123:
but I want the chart as objects (users should be able to change color/font etc) and not as an image.
Shape.Chart property provides access to the chart properties if this shape has a Chart. This property will return the Chart object only if Shape.HasChart property is true for this Shape. We suggest you please read following documentation link to work with charts.
Working with Charts using Aspose.Words

Unfortunately, Aspose.Word does not provide API to get/set chart series colors. Your thread has been linked to the appropriate issue (WORDSNET-12640) and you will be notified as soon as it is resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Could you please share which properties of chart you want to update using Aspose.Words? We will then provide you more information about your query.
mdb123:
Also, it is possible to draw the charts in my template and only update it with data at runtime?
Yes, you create and update chart using Aspose.Words. Please read following article about creating chart from scratch.
Creating OOXML Charts from Scratch using Aspose.Words

Please let us know if you have any more queries.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-12640) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 21.6 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 21.6 update.