.Net 2.0 framework beta 2

I am evaluating Aspose.Word and Aspose.pdf for use in a development project where we will be using Visual Studio 2005 and .Net framework 2.0 beta2. Will these products run on the beta2 version?

We have tested Aspose.Word with beta 1, but not yet tested with beta 2, but they should work fine. If they don’t work for you, please let us know.

I downloaded the evaluation copies of Word and pdf. Word did not compile because the chart reference was missing. pdf compiled but the samples failed because an out of memory exception was raised but unhandled.

I resolved the missing reference for Word and the samples do run, but the samples for Aspose.pdf fail due to the out of memory exception not being handled.

In this case please let the Aspose.Pdf team know about the issue in the Aspose.Pdf support forums.

This seems to be related to the obfuscation tool we use. Try using Aspose.Word 2.4 which we will release in 1-2 days, it should work for you.

I am getting an unhandled OutOfMemoryException while trying to do a mail merge with a Word document. I am using 2.4.1. It only happens with 2.0 Beta 2, it works fine with 1.1. This is a problem since our application that is calling it is 2.0 Beta 2.

Hmm… I’m sure this was fixed and was working okay. Nasty nasty obfuscation tools. We will try to resolve this before the next release, hopefully within the next 1-2 weeks.