.Net 7 and Dockers

Hi,
I am currently in the process of migrating a .Net Framework project to .Net 7. In addition the projects should also run in Dockers.

One of the project ist an imaging rendering project. In this project different input formats like WORD, EXCEL and PDF are rendered to an PNG or JPG image.

For this we use the aspose products. The migration to .Net 7 was not the problem, the problem is Dockers.

Every time a file should rendered by Aspose for example Slides I get following error message:

Aspose.Slides.PptxReadException: “The type initializer for ‘Gdip’ threw an exception.”
PlatformNotSupportedException: System.Drawing.Common is not supported on non-Windows platforms. See Breaking change: System.Drawing.Common only supported on Windows - .NET | Microsoft Learn for more information.

In the documentation of aspose I don’t find any hint to solve this problem.

I hope you can help me.

Thanks and best regards,
Jan-Philip

@JanPiilipB,
Thank you for reporting the issue.

Unfortunately, Aspose.Slides does not support .NET 7 yet. This library also does not support .NET 6 (it has been planned for Aspose.Slides 22.11). I’ve added a ticket with ID SLIDESNET-43441 to our issue tracking system. Our development team will plan to support .NET 7. You will be notified when the issue is resolved.

Hi there @Andrey_Potapov ,
We have the same issue with the upgrade to .NET 7. Do you have any estimate on when it’s gonna be implemented?
We use Aspose.Cells, Aspose.Words and Aspose.Slides and Slides is the only library that prevents us from upgrading comfortably.

1 Like

@arst,
I requested plans for the issue from our development team. We will let you know ASAP.