.NET Core support for Aspose.Cells?

Hi, what is the status of .NET Core support for Aspose.Cells? We are thinking about renewing subscription, but the only important feature for us would be .NET Core support.

@zadintuvas,

Thanks for your query.

I am afraid .NET Core support in Aspose.Cells is not available yet. We already logged the feature request to support .NET Core in Aspose.Cells under ticket Id “CELLSNET-43816” in our issue tracking system. Your will surely notified in the thread once we support it.

Hi ,

Can we use ASPOSE.CELLs for .NET Core 2.1 on Linux machines ? Because In nuget repo we can see there is a dependency for System.Drawing which internally requires GDI+ Linux files to be deployed? Apart from Nuget package, do I need to add any additional Files to run on Linux ?

@Bapu19J,

Thanks for your query.

Aspose.Cells for .NET Core 2.1 support is available now.

You may install “System.Drawing.Common” and “System.Text.Encoding.CodePages” for .NetStandard20 from NuGet if you refer Aspose.Cells lib manually.

Or you can get Aspose.Cells from NuGet, these will be installed automatically.

If it does not work please try following steps:

1. Install .NetCore SDK
  2. Install libgdiplus
  3. Copy the font files you need and call FontConfigs.SetFontFolder, please see this article i.e. Configuring Fonts for Rendering Spreadsheets

The installation command to install libgdiplus is as follows

sudo apt-get install libgdiplus
ln -s libgdiplus.so gdiplus.dll 

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by MuzammilKhan