.Net ReportingEngine and Dynamic objects

Hi there,

I’m just evaluating the reporting engine for use as a templating system, which we are planning on feeding an untyped datastructure into, e.g. json converted to dynamic object.

Unfortunately there are issues accessing dynamic fields, I suspect it relates to the way the object is reflected on. As a workaround I have so far tried using the old mail merge dataset class with xml, and have also been able to use a static method to extract dynamic attributes. However I am interested to know if there is a better way? Would be very nice to be able to use standard object access syntax.

Thanks,
Andrew

P.S I also tried turning off the reflection optimisation as I thought perhaps that would do the trick… no luck there either.

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your inquiry. LINQ Reporting Engine is a part of the Aspose.Words component that enables you to build reports using an extended set of reporting features. The engine enables you to reference business objects of your application in report templates directly, which agrees well with Domain-Driven Design widely used in modern software development.https://docs.aspose.com/words/net/linq-reporting-engine-or-mail-merge/

An object providing a data to populate the specified template must be of one of the following types:

Please let us know if you have any more queries.