.net standard version of aspose

Hello,

We want to use our licensed aspose libraries in a .net core service. However, it seems that the .net standard versions of the libraries are still riddled with bugs. Are you aware of these issues? How stable are these dll’s? Are they production ready?

For instance when trying to open a simple excel document using the .net standard library get an error:
Message: System.NotSupportedException : No data is available for encoding 1252. For information on defining a custom encoding, see the documentation for the Encoding.RegisterProvider method.

the aspose.slides dll gives all kinds of issues when trying to save as pdf.

We really want to use the .net standard dll’s, but we need to be sure that the quality of these libraries is the same as the framework versions.

@infolandproddev,

I have observed your requirements and like to share that Aspose APIs are stable and ready for production environments. We share monthly product releases every month for every API. I suggest you to please feel free to use the APIs on your end and if you encounter any issue, please share with us and we will address that on our end.

Hello mudassir,

Thank you for the quick reply.

I understand that the aspose API’s are stable and ready for production in general. However, I’m talking specifically about the .net standard version of the libraries. They still seem to contain issues. What is the status of them? How can you call them production ready if aspose.cells is unable to open a simple, almost empty excel workbook when using .net standard?

@infolandproddev,

Well, regarding Aspose.Cells .NET Standard API, we already found an issue and logged a ticket for it. We noticed the Aspose.Cells Package for v18.9.0 cannot be added properly to .NETCore project from NuGet Manager. The issue was logged as “CELLSNETCORE-9”. We will fix it in the next version hopefully when publishing v18.10 in the third or fourth week of October 2018. In the mean time you can manually add the .NET Standard library to your .NET Core project, see the thread for his reference:

Moreover, Aspose.Cells for .NET Core is fully stable similar to Aspose.Cells for .NET. The .NET Standard library has all the features available which are tested. If you find any other issue, do let us know with sample code and template file(s), we will check it. See the documents for features comparison for your reference:

Hope this helps a bit.