Network Printer

Hi,

I have a web application that requires barcode printing. As an example, the user opens up the web application (from a pc), and prints a label to the local printer. This printer is connected to the user’s pc. Is this possible? From the web app, should I be able to select the printer name of the local printer and print to it?

Thanks!

Hi,

Thank you for your inquiry and welcome to Aspose.BarCode forum.

Please check this technical article for your reference. I have tested the source code provided in the article on my machine that is connected to a local printer. I have verified that if a correct printer name is set then the print is correctly sent to the printer. If printer name is not set at all then the print is sent to the default printer that is “Microsoft XPS Document Writer”.

I believe if you have a network printer and you pass the printer name along with the network path to the BarCodeBuilder.PrinterName property then it should work fine. I am building up a network to test this scenario on my end. I will keep you posted with updates on this. If you happen to test this scenario, then please post here for our reference.

Thanks and Regards,