New connection point

Hi, I found this issue: Create a new Connection Point - #9 by sjshah
and I’m running link you provided at the bottom [just in case I also attached this source code]: Use Connection indexes to connect shapes|Documentation
and the top shape is only connected with 1 bottom one and it still doesn’t look like that was the intended result.
2022-05-23 12_14_09-Drawing1_out.vsdx - Visio Professional.png (4.8 KB)
temp.zip (67.6 KB)

@Lukasz_Dobrzynski

We have logged this issue as DIAGRAMJAVA-50974 in our issue tracking system for further investigation after replicating it in our environment. We will look into it and let you know as soon as it is resolved. Please be patient and spare us some time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as DIAGRAMJAVA-50974) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by philip.zhou

Hi, I’m still getting the same behavior on 22.6 - 1 connection with top element and bottom middle element and 2 lines at the bottom left not connecting any shapes.

@Lukasz_Dobrzynski

We have recorded your feedback and will investigate from this perspective. We will inform you once we have some updates.

@Lukasz_Dobrzynski

Please try to use the code as per the updated documentation article. An output file generated by 22.6 version is also attached for your kind reference. 50974_out.zip (12.7 KB)

Ok, thanks, seems to be working. Btw. in these lines:

page.connectShapesViaConnectorIndex(shape1.getID(), 6, shape2.getID(), 3, connecter1Id);
page.connectShapesViaConnectorIndex(shape1.getID(), 1, shape3.getID(), 3, connecter2Id);

6 and 1 are IX’s of the Connection objects, right?

@Lukasz_Dobrzynski

Yes, these are indices of (From) Shape.

Good day!

I use .NET and see the same strange behavior as described higher. Was not this bug resolved for .NET as well?

And one more question.

Connection connection1 = new Connection();
connection1.X.Ufe.F = "Width*0.33";
connection1.Y.Ufe.F = "Height*0";

In this snippet you show how to assign coordinates for the connection. But this principle is not clear for me and I can not find the description in the guides. The only thing I found is the connection class description in the reference guide.

Y - Specifies a y-coordinate on a shape in local coordinates. Local coordinates are those whose frame of reference is the shape, instead of the page.

Can you give me some example about how to assign coordinates in case when coordinates are placed directly as double and in case from your example (in the snippet below) when ufe property is used?

Thank you.

@Viktor1983

We are checking it and will get back to you shortly.

@Viktor1983
We apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Please try this sample code to set the index of connection and we will update the example asap:

Connection connection1 = new Connection();
        connection1.X.Ufe.F = "Width*0.33";

//This indicates that the connection point is located at the bottom of this shape, one-third of the width.
connection1.X.Value = shape1.XForm.Width.Value * 0.33;
connection1.Y.Ufe.F = “Height*0”;
connection1.Y.Value = 0;

Connection connection3 = new Connection();
        connection3.X.Ufe.F = "Width*0.66";
        connection3.X.Value = shape1.XForm.Width.Value *0.66;
        connection3.Y.Ufe.F = "Height*0";
        connection3.Y.Value = 0;

connection1.IX = shape1.Connections.Add(connection1);
        connection3.IX = shape1.Connections.Add(connection3);

Thanks.

@Viktor1983
We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): DIAGRAMNET-53154

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

Alright, it seems I got the principle. Thanks. I am waiting for the issue resolution.

@Viktor1983
We are pleased to inform you that your issue has been resolved.

Please visit the updated document:

Thanks.

Very good. As I understand the corrected library will be put on Nuget 2 weeks later.

@Viktor1983
This is a document-related issue, and only requires updating the latest document.
We plan to release 23.6 in the first half of June 2023.
Thanks.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as DIAGRAMNET-53154) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by philip.zhou