New feature please

Hello,
A crucial long waited feature request, to have a string or xml property in OlmReader, like:
OlmReader.Categories
And just pass the full contents of the Categories.xml located in the root of Olm files!
Any hope?

Hello,

Previously, we created a ticket to add this feature: EMAIL NET-40862.
I think it won’t be hard to implement the property it in the next version.
I have added it to the dev plan.

1 Like

Fantastic, thankssssssssss with 10 s :upside_down_face:

You are welcome.

1 Like

Hello and a hundred thanks for such a great job :heart:, finally have it, I’m testing it will all of my OLM data to make sure it’s working fine, BTW, just a query:

Do you think it’s possible to have a text property (or xml) to return the whole Categories.xml as is, not much more data inside I know but just in case you say it’s useless, might be needed for the whole olm extraction intact. Or for cases we wanna use our own xml parser to get the data :slight_smile:

oh and one thing, I’ve asked my contact about the existance of Categories.xml on all OLM files and he told all OLM files should have it in the root, and not aware of exceptions, but one exception I know is that if OLM file is made by the non Office, low quality 3rd party apps, in such cases:

Dim categories = olm.GetCategories()

GetCategories will rerurn Null/Nothing right? This should be the right behavior I think.

So before going to:

For Each category In categories

I should check:

If categories IsNot Nothing Then…

I mean I hope GetCategories returns Null/Nothing and does not throw an exception :slight_smile:

Hello,
Using:

ColorTranslator.FromHtml(Category.Color)

To get the color in System.Drawing.Color is just fine?

Hello,

Thank you.

I’m sorry, but I don’t think that’s a good idea. If someone might need raw OLM data, there is no reason to use OlmStorage, it’s much easier to do it with the .NET StreamReader class.

Yes, that is right.

We have returned the color in its most generic form, next, you can convert each color component from a string to an int32, and use the Color.FromArgb method to convert to a Color object.