Attached is a DOC and a PDF.
The DOC is dynamically generated from several template DOCs and some DOM manipulation.
The PDF was previously generated with Aspose.Pdf, now we switched to the new mechanism. It is now generated with the new Document.Save( “xyz.pdf”, SaveOptions.Pdf );
The results are rather horrible:
- Everything is italic instead of just some words
- The #$NBS placeholders are ignored and simply literally translated
- Fonts overlap (see the date string on top of the very first page)
- Different left and right margins on odd and even pages are still not recognized
Overall, this drives us to switch back to the PDF generation with Aspose.Pdf.
- Is this a fault we did? (If yes, please advise what to change to generate better results)
- Is this an issue of Aspose.Words? (If yes, please tell me when to expect corrections)
Side note: I wonder why this whole PDF generation stuff is so over complicated/difficult to solve?!? There seems to be plenty of PDF generation engines out there (most as a virtual printer) that do nearly 100% correct PDF generations. Maybe you should switch to their way of generating?!