New Saaspose.Slides features requirements

Previous discussion:

Pravin

Hi,
We want to create reports in the form of pptx/ppt files probably having more that 200 slides in one presentation. Basically we will be having a basic presentation of 200 slides ready, we simply want to change some text for eg company name, values of graphs, insert few more slides dynamically at the same time remove few slides if not needed. We also want the same thing to do with pdf files too. We are using Linux with PHP. I could not find any documentation on your site for this problem. pl help me to get this ready, then we will make a contract for purchase.
Thanks a lot, please do the needful.

Regards,

Pravin Gundawar
(Project Manager)
Great Place IT Services
India.

Shahzad/Saaspose Support

I just wanted to make sure that we understand your requirement properly, so we could guide you accordingly.

Do you want to create PDF, PPT, PPTX files from scratch?
Do you want to create all of the following types of files: PDF, PPT, PPTX?
Do you want to replace some old text in the files with some new text or you want to update some placeholders etc.?
How do you want to remove the slides from the presentation? Do you want to remove them by page/slide number or based on some other criteria?
If there are any other related requirements then please do share with us in detail.

We’re looking forward to help you out.

Pravin

Thanks for your quick response. Following are my requirements and answers to your queries.

1. Do you want to create PDF, PPT, PPTX files from scratch?

— This is what presently we are doing, but it is very difficult for us to manage multiple language reports.

1. Do you want to create all of the following types of files: PDF, PPT, PPTX?

— yes mostly pptx no need for ppt. We also want PDF if your API offers us a better option than what presently we have.

1. Do you want to replace some old text in the files with some new text or you want to update some placeholders etc.?

— See the attached file ABC Company Ltd. CAAF Report.pptx this is what our present system is generating. We will be having similar pptx file ready with editable graphs (in our present systemgraphs are images) and animation, more than 200 slides in a presentation. We would like to replace some placeholders like company names etc. or we may change the text directly. we also want to change all the values of graphs (bar, pie, scatter etc)

1. How do you want to remove the slides from the presentation? Do you want to remove them by page/slide number or based on some other criteria?

— We will add some text like slide no 31 dynamically may override to the next slide, so the numbering will change so it will be difficult to remove slide by number, we may also add few slides somewhere in the presentation.

1. If there are any other related requirements then please do share with us in detail.

— pl see the ABC Company Ltd. - Feedback Report.pdf in this file most of the text is static. Only company name and some text like benchmark names will change. see the page number 14, there is one table. In this table we may add columns and will change all the numeric values, I mean entire scores section will change. There are many such similar pages. See page number 32, these values are fetched from database it may override to many pages ( will be in multiple languages including Indian scripts, Chinese, Spanish, Japanese, Korean). In some cases we also want to add pages with graphs dynamically, eg for each benchmark we may have 5 pages each and every benchmark will have separate column in the tables. Similarly we will change the graphs on all the pages as these are in the form of images, do we have to change the images or if you have any facility to edit the graphs would be great.

Pl do the needful fast. Thanks a lot once again.

Shahzad/Saaspose Support

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you. In fact, we were looking into your requirements and here are the details.

I'm afraid, currently you can't create presentations from scratch. The feature to create new presentations from templates has been implemented but has not yet been released for the public; so, you'll be able to utilize this feature once it is integrated with live API. There are some other requirements related to Saaspose.Slides which are not yet supported, but we have logged them in our issue tracking system and we'll update you once they're supported.

SAASSLIDES-61   Ability to add graphs in the presentation
SAASSLIDES-62   Ability to dynamically update values of graphs
SAASSLIDES-63   Dynamically create new slides
SAASSLIDES-64   Change location of a slide in the presentation
SAASSLIDES-65   Find a slide using search criteria
SAASSLIDES-66   Delete a particular slide from the presentation

However, you can work with text in an existing presentation.

You can create PDF reports from XML templates. You can add, delete, and move pages in a PDF file as well. You can also merge PDF files and work with text in a PDF file too. Please see the following links for more details and examples for working with PDF file:

Working with PDF document and pages
Working with PDF text
Merging PDF files
Creating PDF files from XML templates

Please share any further questions or concerns.

Submitted from: http://saaspose.com/

Hi Pravin,

We had a little discussion earlier on email regarding a few features for presentation manipulation. I just wanted to follow up on that and update you with the current status of the features support. Out of these features requirements we discussed and logged earlier, four have been implemented in our service at the backend; although, they're not moved to live service yet. The following features have been implemented:

SAASSLIDES-61 Ability to add graphs in the presentation
SAASSLIDES-62 Ability to dynamically update values of graphs
SAASSLIDES-65 Find a slide using search criteria
SAASSLIDES-66 Delete a particular slide from the presentation

The following two features have not yet been implemented, but our team is looking into those as well:
SAASSLIDES-63 Dynamically create new slides
SAASSLIDES-64 Change location of a slide in the presentation

Could you please share how it's going on overall at your end? Are you working with other Saaspose.Slides features, or some other features for that matter? How is it going? Do you need help with any of these features? Do you think the currently supported features are working fine for your scenario? And regarding the above four supported features, if we move them to live service, will you be able to start implementing at your end? Or you need the other two features to be fixed as well?

Please share your current scenario, so we would be able to help you and prioritize your requirements accordingly. We're looking forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards
Shahzad Latif
Saaspose Support Team.

Hi Pravin,

Could you please have a look at my last comment and share your thoughts? Our team will be able to move forward on these issues depending upon your response. So, we're waiting for your input on this. Please share your thoughts the earliest possible.

Thanks & Regards
Shahzad Latif
Saaspose Support Team.

Hi Shahzad,
This is too much late, we have managed our problem somehow. If I get such a
kind of requirement I will definitely explore saaspose.
Thanks for your response.

Hi Pravin,

I'm sorry to know that it didn't help you. And we were a bit late in providing you these features. However, if you find similar requirements in future or you need any other features provided by Saaspose APIs, maybe for your other projects etc. then please do consider it. We'll be glad to work with you.

Thanks & Regards
Shahzad Latif
Saaspose Support Team.