Newtonsoft.Json dependency in .NET web based grid control

I noticed Newtonsoft.Json dependency in .NET web based grid control.
GridWeb throws the exception

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Newtonsoft.Json, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed'.

whenever a user tries to view a spreadsheet via our ASP.NET Core application. View the full stacktrace

Looking at the Dependencies tab for the package on NuGet.org, the package does not declare a dependency on Newtonsoft.Json. This bug can be fixed by adding Newtonsoft as a dependency.

Installing Newtonsoft.Json 12.0.3 into the ASP.NET Core project does prevent the issue, but this should not be necessary.

With the advent of System.Text.Json, it is not safe to assume that all ASP.NET Core projects have Newtonsoft installed.

@sam.magura

We have logged the issue as “CELLSNET-49642” in our database for investigations. Once we will have some news for you, we will update you in this topic.

Please try the latest fix . It is based on .net 5.0.It use System.Text.Json and you can remove the dependency on Newtonsoft.Json.
Aspose.Cells.GridWeb.10.2_Net5.0.zip (6.3 MB)

Great work @peter.zhou! I tested it and it works without Newtonsoft.

If it’s not too much trouble, will you let me know when this new version is published to NuGet?

@sam.magura,

Good to know that your issue is resolved by the new fix.

We will check if we could include this fix in our upcoming official release (Aspose.Cells.GridWeb for .NET v21.11) on Downloads section/Nuget repos., which is due around mid November, 2021.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-49642) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by simon.zhao