No matching overloads found for *static* com.aspose.cells

I have this code in python running jpype and asposeCells libraries, the purpose of this code is to convert numbers in text format (cells with green arrow) into actual numeric value

import jpype
import asposecells
jpype.statJVM()
from asposecells.api import Workbook, Cells

workbook = Workbook(Filepath)
workbook.getWorksheets().get(0)
Cells.convertStringToNumericValue()
workbook.save(Filepath)

jpype.shutdownJVM()

And I encountered this error:

No matching overloads found for static com.aspose.cells.Cells.convertStringToNumericValue(), options are public void com.aspose.cells.Cells.convertStringToNumericValue()

Traceback (most recent call last): File ā€œā€, line 8, in TypeError: No matching overloads found for static com.aspose.cells.Cells.convertStringToNumericValue(), options are public void com.aspose.cells.Cells.convertStringToNumericValue()

Appreciate your assistance in resolving this issue, thanks!

The code is use to convert numbers that are in text format into actual number values, server environment is in Linux so I canā€™t use win32 module, so aspose is my only known option to use, but Iā€™m not expert in converting codes from Java to Python.

@myDAN
Cells is not a static class and the convertStringToNumericValue is not a static method.

Please try the following code:

import jpype
import asposecells
jpype.startJVM()
from asposecells.api import Workbook, Cells

workbook = Workbook()
cells = workbook.getWorksheets().get(0).getCells()
cells.convertStringToNumericValue()

jpype.shutdownJVM()
1 Like

Thanks, but a new error prompted:

ā€˜com.aspose.cells.Cellsā€™ object has no attribute ā€˜convertStringToNumericValueā€™
Traceback (most recent call last):
File ā€œā€, line 8, in
AttributeError: ā€˜com.aspose.cells.Cellsā€™ object has no attribute ā€˜convertStringToNumericValueā€™

@myDAN,

Which version of Aspose.Cells for Python via Java you are using? Please try latest version/fix (
Aspose.Cells for Python via Java v22.12) of the API. I checked and the method is there, see the API reference page for confirmation.

If you still find the issue, kindly share your exact code that you are using with latest version, i.e., Aspose.Cells for Python via Java v22.12, we will check it soon.

1 Like

Thank you, Iā€™ll be updating my libraries

@myDAN,

You are welcome.

1 Like