Not able to calculate ISFORMULA in cell formula

My sample workbook (attached) has a formula “=ISFORMULA(B3)”. If i am not calculating then I am able to read the value but after calculating Aspose is evaluating the formula to a #NAME error:

code:
Workbook workbook = new Workbook("isFormulaTest.xlsx");
Cells cells = workbook.getWorksheets().get("Sheet1").getCells();
System.out.println("Value before Calculate - " + String.valueOf(cells.get("C3").getValue()));
workbook.calculateFormula();
System.out.println("Value after Calculate - " + String.valueOf(cells.get("C3").getValue()));

Output:

Value before Calculate - true
Value after Calculate - #NAME?

isFormulaTest.xlsx.zip (6.7 KB)

I am using Aspose.Cells for Java v19.1

@dvector,

Please notice, I am able to reproduce the issue as you mentioned by using your sample code with your template file. I found “ISFORMULA” formula/function is not calculated by Aspose.Cells in the Excel file. It seems that this formula is not supported by Aspose.Cells formula calculation engine. I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSJAVA-43367” for your issue. We will look into to fix it soon.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know.

1 Like

@dvector,

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue now. We will soon provide you the fixed version after performing QA and incorporating other enhancements and fixes.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-43367) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by johnson.shi