Not able to change the opacity of stamp type annotation

Hi Team,

Good day!

As per the solution provided for this Not able to redact the StampAnnotation image I have flatten the annotation.

We are providing an option to redact the page content in our application. If they are trying to redact any particular word on the pdf page, they will find the word and apply redact for that text.

We are facing an issue when we have the stamp type annotation on the pdf page, if there are some texts under the stamp type image, texts got hidden and user was not able to know what text under the image and they were not able redact it.
After flatten the annotation also, we can copy the text under image.

They are considering it as security risk as they are trying to hide a confidential item.

So, we have planned to reduce the opacity of stamp type annotation so that it will show both text and image. But, the opacity is not working after saving the PDF. After saving if we check for the opacity in the properties it is showing the reduced value, But UI color is not changed.

I have checked for other annotation type like Highlight. It is working fine.

Please help us to reduce the opacity.

Please find the sample input, output and code snippet.
Input_file.pdf (170.2 KB)
output_file.pdf (202.5 KB)
Code Snippet.zip (507 Bytes)

@nathiya1

Please check the attached output PDF that was generated in our environment using your code snippet and 23.6 version of the API. Please share if you find any issues in it. output_file.pdf (168.2 KB)

@asad.ali

I have provided the opacity as 50% but in your output file the stamp image got removed completely. This should not be removed.

Please find the expected output,
expected_output_file_50%.pdf (171.1 KB)

We are using 19.2 version. Is there any option to fix this issue in the same version?

@nathiya1

We are afraid that we cannot provide any workaround or fix for older version of the API. However, after testing with the latest version of the API, we have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): PDFJAVA-42980

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.