Not able to convert my Word Document to PDF using Aspose.Word

Not able to convert my Word Document to PDF using Aspose.Word

Hi

Thanks for your inquiry. Pleas attach your document for testing. I will try to reproduce the problem and provide you more information.

Also, please tell me which version of Aspose.Words you are using.

Best regards.

HI Alexey,

We were trying to evaluate your product for your need to converting Word Documents to PDF format. For some document it is converting fine but with some others, it is not able to convert them into PDF format and just shows blank pages.

Kindly give me your mail id, so that i can mail you across the document.

Aspose.Words.Document doc = new Aspose.Words.Document(WordDocSourcePath);
doc.Save(TargetPDFPath);

Thanks

Ash

Hi

Thanks for your request. Most likely, you are using Aspose.Words in evaluation mode and your document is truncated. Do you see the following text in output documents?

This document was truncated here because it was created using Aspose.Words in Evaluation Mode.

If you want to test Aspose.Words without the evaluation version limitations, you can request a 30-day Temporary License. Please refer to
https://purchase.aspose.com/temporary-license

Anyway, please attach your documents for testing. I will investigate the issue an dprovide you more information.

Best regards.

Hi Alexey,

I am using ASPOSE in evaluation version but thats actually is not the problem. Teh problem is that for some documents, ASPOSE.Word is not able to convert it into PDF format. It only shows blank pages in the PDF.

Sincethe documents are critical, I cannot post the same on this forum. Either way is that you can provide me your mail id or just send me a test mail on my mail id and then i’ll revert with the document that aspose is not able to generate.

thanks,

Ash

Hi Alexey,

Actually the case is that we have WordML in our system, which we then want to convert it into PDF. This thing not working using Aspose.Word.

Ash

Please attach sample documents that cannot be converted to PDF. Also, please show me your code.

Best regards.

Can I have your mail id where I can send my document (As it is client’s document and I cannot post it on forum openly).

Hi

Thanks for your request. You can send e-mail via out site. Please send me the document to my e-mail, as described here:
https://forum.aspose.com/t/aspose-words-faq/2711

Best regards.

Hi Alexey,

I have mailed you the document. Kindly revert on urgent basis, as i need to decide on the product.

Ash

Hi

Thank you for additional information. I managed to reproduce the problem on my side and created new issue #8396 in our defect database. I will notify you as soon as it is fixed.

As a temporary workaround, you can try open/save your document using MS Word and then convert it to PDF.

Best regards,

Alexey,

We have got a requirement that we cannot use MS Word. Also I was in an impression that Aspose.Word also does not need MS Word. Please confirm if am I right?

Also we need to convert Doc into PDF on production. Is MS Word a required prerequsite for using Aspose.Word? Does it use MS Word Automation?

Our case is that we have WordML with us which we need to convert into Doc as well as PDf format, in unattended mode. And for this very purpose, we are evaluating Aspose.Word.

Ash

Hi

Thanks for your request.

Yes, you are right; Aspose.Words does not require MS Word. Aspose.Words does not use Word Automation.

It seems your document was produced by some third-party component, that is why Aspose.Words converts this document to PDF improperly. If you open/save this document using MS Word, MS Word corrects mistakes in the document and it can be converted to PDF using Aspose.Words without any issues.

Best regards.

Alexey,

We have WordML with us and it wont be possible to open and then save it using MSWord on server. Can you please let me know if aspose can do the job of just converting it into PDF? Thats for sure that in automated environment, we cannot use MSWord to rectify the WordML.

There is 1 more thing i can let you know, strange but true. The same thing works when i use you old legacy method, that is using Aspose.Word and Aspose.PDF. The code goes like this:

Aspose.Words.Document doc = new Aspose.Words.Document(strSourcePath);
filename = "abc.xml";
//Save the doc in a xml fille that can be handled by Aspose.Pdf.
doc.Save(filename, Aspose.Words.SaveFormat.AsposePdf);
//// New a pdf object.
Aspose.Pdf.Pdf pdf = new Aspose.Pdf.Pdf();
//// Bind content from the named xml file.
pdf.BindXML(filename, null);
//// Save the result
pdf.Save(strTargetPath);

Aspose is able to convert the Word ML using the above code. That is the legacy method. I hope this information might help you resolve the issue in Aspose.Word Document’s Save method.

Thanks,

Ash

Hi

Thank you for additional information. As I told you earlier there is something wrong with your document, so I created new issue in our defect database regarding this problem. Please expect a reply before next hotfix (within 3-4 weeks). We might just fix it by then or provide more information

You can temporary use legacy conversion if resulting PDF document fit to your needs. I will notify you as soon as the issue you have reported is resolved.

Best regards.

Alexey,

Can you please let me know on urgent basis, whenveer this bug is resolved at your end. Till then we’ll be waiting for a reply from your side.

Ash

Hi

Thanks for your inquiry. Currently, I cannot provide you any reliable estimate regarding the issue. Please expect a reply before next hotfix (within 3-4 weeks). We might just fix it by then or provide more information

Best regards.

Alexey,

It communicated beofre that the bug will be fixed in 3 weeks, I was just wondering if the same has been fixed. Can you please let me know thw status of the related bug. If it has been fixed, can I take the latest evaluation copy of the same and verify.

Please do let me know on urgent basis.

AshGlobal

Hi

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, the issue is still unresolved. You will be notified as soon as the issue is fixed and hotfix is released.

Best regards.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 8396) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.