Not all versions of Apple Numbers supported?

We are attempting to use Aspose.Cells to process spreadsheets in Apple Numbers format. We’ve found that you cannot open a file created by version 11 of Numbers, but if you save as version 9, you can. Opening the numbers file (a zip file) shows that the internal layout has changed somewhat.

Is this ever going to be supported? Not being able to process the last two major versions is an incredible hindrance. Is there any workaround?

BTW, the error we get is this:

Aspose.Cells.CellsException
HResult=0x80131600
Message=Unsupport Numbers 3.5 file format since 2014 by Apple Inc.
Source=Aspose.Cells
StackTrace:
at . (Stream )
at .(String , Stream , LoadOptions )
at Aspose.Cells.Workbook. (String , LoadOptions )
at Aspose.Cells.Workbook…ctor(String file, LoadOptions loadOptions)
at AppleNumbers.Program.Main(String[] args)

@howardhart66,
This issue is already reported and logged in our database for investigation under Id CELLSNET-47737. We have searched a lot but could not find any public document about the latest Apple’s Numbers file format that is why it is still not supported. I am linking this thread with the ticket, hence you will be automatically notified once any update is ready for sharing.

This should be mentioned in your sales literature - it was one of the key decisions to buy Aspose. Now I’ve got to scramble at the 11th hour - because I trusted you had a complete solution. I’ve had good experiences in the past with Aspose, but I’d be hard pressed to recommend it in the future.

@howardhart66,

We are sorry if the missed feature is more meaningful to you. We do understand your concerns and we will try hard to evaluate your desired Apple Numbers version. Generally we try our level best to support our users needs and their desired features or enhancements they post in the forums. Since your desired feature is not demanded by many users, so this got delayed. We will check the feasibility of the file format’s new version(s) and may come up with latest updates or ETA on it.

We are sorry for any inconvenience caused.

@howardhart66,
We hope we can support latest .Numbers format within 2-3 months.

Can I be notified of this as well when resolved please.

@waynepope2020,
Sure, you will be notified here once any update is available in this regard.

This is to inform you that your issue has been resolved. We will provide you the fixed version in the next few days after performing QA and incorporating other enhancements and fixes.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-47737) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by simon.zhao