Not displaying Table of Contents

Hi,
I am using Aspose.Words 6.1.0 evaluation version for testing the product weather it would useful in my project or not. I am opening a Template document using Document class and adding some content to templates document.
Template document contains TOC field. I added some data to template document with some different heading styles and finally i saved the document.
when i am opening the saved file, document is not able to updating TOC field, but when i am pressing F9 on the TOC field, then i am able to see Table of Contents in the saved document Is there any feature is availbale to update TOC field before saving the document?
I written the code like,

Document docTemp = new Document(@"D:\Test\templates\Document.dot");
// Added some text to docTemp with different heading styles.
docTemp.UpdateFields();
docTemp.Save(@"D:\Test\TestDoc.doc");

If it woud be done, then the product really reaches my project requirement. Any suggestions/sample code would really be appreciated…

Hi
Thanks for your request. Unfortunately, current version of Aspose.Words cannot update TOC fields. This feature will be supported in one of the future releases, hopefully somewhere in first half of 2009.
Currently, you should update fields inside the document manually (ctrl+A and F9). In addition, you can use macro to update fields. See the following link to learn more.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/the-filename-field-does-not-automatically-update-when-you-open-a-document-in-word-de2bfb95-d990-1ced-a618-5ac0a2ec1be4
Best regards.

Hi Alexey,
Thanks for your response, I think there is an issue #126 in your defect database regarding updating TOC by Aspose.Words.
Let me know weather it would be released in 6.4.0?
and how should we know Defet fixes and Enhancements of upcomming releases? Is there any link in aspose.com?
Regards,
Srinu Dhulipalla

Hi

Thanks for your request. Yes, you are right; the issue #126 is related to TOC evaluation. Unfortunately, I cannot tell you that this feature will be supported in the next version of Aspose.Words. Maybe later in this year, most likely in somewhere in the second half.
Best regards.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 126) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(19)

Hi there,

Thanks for fixing this TOC related issues in latest Aspose.Words 7.0.0.0

I am using latest Aspose.Words; and my document template have TOC field. After adding some of the content to document template, I used this statement to update the TOC filed,
MainDocument.UpdateFields();

But, Unfortunately when i am opening the document, TOC field was not updated… Could you please suggest on this?

Thanks,

Hi
Thanks for your request. Currently, Aspose.Words does not support updating TOC fields, this feature will be added in one of future versions. In Aspose.Words 7.0.0 we released our new field evaluation engine, which allows updating IF fields, formulas etc. Please see the following article to learn more:
https://docs.aspose.com/words/net/update-fields/
You will be notified as soon as TOC fields are supported.
Best regards.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 10380) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(6)