Not getting all properties of email while loading EML file

ObjMailMessage = Aspose.Email.MailMessage.Load(emlFile);

While loading the EML file we are not getting some properly directly in ObjMailMessage
link

1. Mark private
  2. Do not receive responses from invitees
  3. Delivery Report
  4. Encrypt
  5. Delivery Priority

@Shital_diwate,
Thank you for the issue description. Could you share the EML file to investigate this case, please?

eml files.zip (42.2 KB)

@Shital_diwate,
Could you describe more details for the issue, please?

These are NSF Emails. This email has some properties like

1. Mark private
  2. Do not receive responses from invitees
  3. Delivery Report
  4. Encrypt
  5. Delivery Priority
    Capture.PNG (12.1 KB)
    Please find the attachment for more options. Using Aspose.Email We can not get all these options

@Shital_diwate,
What software are you using to view these properties?

Mozilla Thunderbird

@Shital_diwate,
Thank you for the additional information. I added a ticket to our tracking system with ID EMAILNET-40249. Our development team will investigate this case. I will inform you of any progress.

@Shital_diwate,
Our development team investigated the issue. These properties are stored in special X-Notes-Item headers that are a feature of the Lotus Notes Domino app and do not comply with RFC 5322 on which our MailMessage is based. We do not plan to support these properties because it is a proprietary format and we cannot find any documentation. Instead, you can retrieve them from the header collection and make parsing by yourself:

var mailMessage = MailMessage.Load(emlFilePath);
if (mailMessage.Headers.Keys.Contains("X-Notes-Item"))
{
    var xNotesItems = mailMessage.Headers.GetValues("X-Notes-Item");
    foreach (var xNotesItem in xNotesItems)
    {
        // parse X-Notes-Item here
    }
}

Documents: Extracting Message Contents from Emails
API Reference: MailMessage.Headers Property

1 Like

Is there any other option apart from “X-Notes-Item” for read such properties like mark private, Do not receive responses from invitees samples.zip (1.5 KB)

@Shital_diwate,
Unfortunately, I don’t see these properties in your EML samples. Could you point where they are, please?

sample.zip (66.0 KB)

Can you please check with this sample I have also attach one image

@Shital_diwate,
We don’t support extensions of the Lotus Notes Domino app. Unfortunately, we don’t know how these properties are stored in “X-Notes-Item” headers. You should find it out yourself, then you will be able to read these properties from the headers as shown above.