Notebook DisplayName- filename and path

I have a problem with notebook name, to be more precise “DisplayName” property - when I will open notebook in code and assign Notebook object - DisplayName is null.

( please see attachments ) - one file shows null value second is a screen from OneNote to show that Notebook have a name.

Another problem is with Filename and Path - Those property are missing in Notebook object.
When User will chose file and I want to operate on file directly or folders in it using only object it could be handy. Of course I can make wrapper class for it but it would be nice if you could add it to object directly.

Hi Artur,

Thank you for writing to Aspose Support team.

We were able to reproduce the problem with Notebook.DisplayName property and have logged it as NOTENET-2182 for further investigation by our Product team. We'll update you here about any progress about this issue as available.

About the missing parameters Filename and Path, we are sorry to share that we won't be able to add these as this will lead to complexity in case of loading/saving notebook to streams. Please feel free to write to us if you have any other query/inquiry related to the API.
Hi Artur,

We have further investigated this issue at our end and we are sorry to share that it will not be possible to fix this problem due to file format limitations.

A notebook file stores DisplayName, Color, etc. for its child nodes (e.g., child Document). But it has no storage of DisplayName parameter for itself. So, we cannot implement this feature due to .onetoc2 file format limitations.

Please note that we are able to store DisplayName parameter for not-top-level notebooks. For example, if there is structure:
  • Notebook A (top-level)
    • Document B1 (first-level child)
    • Notebook B2 (first-level child)
      • Document C1 (second-level child)
then we are able to store DisplayName for all nodes (including "Notebook B2"), except only top-level notebook "Notebook A".

Observation: We have also observed that MS OneNote allows to change DisplayName, but does not store it for top-level notebooks. This information is cleaned up when a user has closed the notebook. The notebook, not the application – context menu "Close This Notebook". When the document has been reopened, a DisplayName parameter is reset to the directory name where the notebook is stored.