NullReferenceException in PdfContentEditor.ExtractLink

I’m having a problem with the PdfContentEditor.ExtractLink method. I’m using Aspose.Pdf.Kit.dll version 3.2.0.0 under .NET 2.0.
We have found several PDF files that cause the method to throw a NullReferenceException. One of these PDF files is attached.
Thanks for your help.

Hi,

Thank you for considering Aspose.

I find the attached PDF file is secured. You need to decrypt the file before extracting links. Please refer to Decrypt PDF Document.

Thanks,

Thank you for your response.

I tried decrypting the file first, but still get the same exception when I call ExtractLink.

A decrypted version of the same PDF file is attached.

Thanks.

Hi,

I have reproduced this error and logged it as PDFKITNET-6278. We will try to fix it ASAP.

Thank you for looking into the problem.

We have found some other PDF files that cause ExtractLink to throw another exception.

Both of the attached files cause ExtractLink to throw an IOException. One has the message “Unexpected type”, and the other “Unexpected character”.

Is there any estimate for when we can expect a fix for this?
Have you been able to reproduce the 2 other errors mentioned in my last post?
Thanks.

Hello Derek,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Sorry for replying you late. I have tested the issue with Pdf files that you have shared in previous post, and I am able to notice the problems. Our development team is working hard to resolve this issue. Soon you will be updated with the ETA for the resolution of this issue.

We apologize for you inconvenience.

We are sorry for the inconvenience and now we have solved this problem. We will give you the new version ASAP.

Thank you for the work you’ve done on this.
We would like to include the fixed Aspose.PDF.Kit in our next release. For that we will need the new version by the end of next week. Will we be able to have it by then?

Hello Derek,

As Allen have mentioned, we will try our level best to get this issue resolved ASAP. Mean while I have asked the development team to share the concrete date, if possible. Your patience in this regard is highly appreciated.

Sorry to bug you about this again, but do you know when this fix will be available yet? It’s been a week since we heard anything and my manager would like an update.
Thanks.

Hi,

Please download our new release v3.3.0.0 from here.

Thanks,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 6278) have been fixed in [this update](http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/file-format-components/aspose.pdf.kit/entry154631.aspx).