NullReferenceException when saving particular XLSM to XLS

Hi Aspose,

We are having troubles with this file. We can convert it from .xls to .xlsm. But we are getting NullReferenceException when saving this .xlsm back to .xls.
This file contains Vba code and shape that is bind to some macro. Unfortunately, we do not have password to Vba project, but hope you do not need it to troubleshoot.

SampleFiles.zip (57.8 KB)

Best regards,
Alex Shloma

@licenses,
I have tried the scenario using the following sample code with the latest version Aspose.Cells for .NET 20.2 but could not observe any issue. Could you please share your sample code to test this issue.

Workbook workbook = new Workbook("Sample.xls");
workbook.Save("Output1.xlsm");
Workbook workbook1 = new Workbook("Output1.xlsm");
workbook1.Save("output2.xls");

Hi @ahsaniqbalsidiqui,

I can replicate using this sample project: AsposeTest.zip (5.2 MB)

Please try on your side and let me know.

Best regards,
Alex Shloma

@licenses,
We were able to observe the issue but we need to look into it more. We have logged the issue in our database for investigation and for a fix. Once, we will have some news for you, we will update you in this topic.

This issue has been logged as

CELLSNET-47212 - NullReferenceException when saving particular XLSM to XLS

@licenses,
This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue (logged earlier as “CELLSNET-47212”) now. We will soon provide you the fixed version after performing QA and incorporating other enhancements and fixes.

@licenses,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v20.2.4 (attached)

Your issue should be fixed in it.

Let us know your feedback.
Aspose.Cells20.2.4 For .Net2_AuthenticodeSigned.Zip (5.2 MB)
Aspose.Cells20.2.4 For .Net4.0.Zip (5.2 MB)
Aspose.Cells20.2.4 For .NetStandard20.Zip (4.4 MB)

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-47212) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for .NET v20.3. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by Amjad_Sahi