Number formatting is not working properly for French (FR-fr) locale using .NET

I am using mail merge functionality and I need to display Number fields display based on Locale.

I have written code as mentioned in Fields Overview in C#|Aspose.Words for .NET .

This code works fine with en-EN, en-US, etc. But, not working properly with fr-FR locale. Thousand separator is not working properly with fr-FR.

For fr-FR, space is used as thousand separator. So, if my value is 123456789.12 then it should display as 123 456 789,12 in fr-FR locale.
I have used “# ##0,00” in number merge field. On merging it shows as 123456 789,12.
I am using Aspose.Words for .net 19.12 version.

So, request you to look into this issue and let me know if there is any solution.

@Rakesh2013

To ensure a timely and accurate response, please attach the following resources here for testing:

• Your input Word document.
  • Please attach the output Word file that shows the undesired behavior.
  • Please attach the expected output Word file that shows the desired behavior.
  • Please create a standalone console application ( source code without compilation errors ) that helps us to reproduce your problem on our end and attach it here for testing.

As soon as you get these pieces of information ready, we will start investigation into your issue and provide you more information. Thanks for your cooperation.

PS: To attach these resources, please zip and upload them.

Hello Tahir,

I have attached two zip files.

• InputOutputDocs.zip contains below two files
    1. TestFrenchLocale.docx - input word file
    2. Test-MergeOutput.docx - merge output file. This also contains expected output.
  • POC-FrenchLocaleIssue.zip - Sample solution to reproduce this bug

InputOutputDocs.zip (28.1 KB)
POC-FrenchLocaleIssue.zip (4.7 MB)

Let me know if you need more information.

@Rakesh2013

We have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue at our side. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-20373 . You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Thank you Tahir.

So, when I expect fix of this issue.
And, this fix will be only in latest version or your team can provide fix in 19.12 version also?

Also, is there any workaround of this issue because we need to deliver this functionality in one month and this will be a blocker for us.

@Rakesh2013

We do not provide any fixes or patches for old versions of Aspose products either. All fixes and new features are always added into new versions of our products.

Unfortunately, there is no workaround available for this issue. Currently, your issue is pending for analysis and is in the queue. Once we complete the analysis of your issue, we will then be able to provide you an estimate.

Hello Tahir,

Can you please check and confirm whether analysis of this issue get completed or not?
So that we can plan and prioritize our works.

@Rakesh2013

We try our best to deal with every customer request in a timely fashion, we unfortunately cannot guarantee a delivery date to every customer issue. We work on issues on a first come, first served basis. We feel this is the fairest and most appropriate way to satisfy the needs of the majority of our customers.

Currently, your issue is pending for analysis and is in the queue. Once we complete the analysis of your issue, we will then be able to provide you an estimate.

You reported this issue in free support forum and it will be treated with normal priority. To speed up the progress of issue’s resolution, we suggest you please check our paid support policies from following link.
Paid Support Policies

Hello Tahir,

I have just seen that status of issue WORDSNET-20373 is showing as Closed in this page.

So, can you please explain me on what basis this is closed.

@Rakesh2013

It is to inform you that the issue which you are facing is actually not a bug in Aspose.Words. So, we have closed this issue (WORDSNET-20373) as ‘Not a Bug’.

The field result is correct. MS Word and Aspose.Words do not prolong number group separators. So, the output of the 123456789.123 value with the # ##0,00 format contains only one separator: 123456 789,12. Please check the output of MS Word. MS Output.zip (9.6 KB)

In your case, the field format should be # ### ##0,00.

Can you please provide steps to produce the same behavior in MS Word?

@Rakesh2013

You can check MS Word’s output using following steps:

1. Open your document in MS Word.
  2. Under ‘Mailing’ tab, create new List from ‘Start Mail Merge’ section.
  3. Add field with name ‘EventRevenue’ and set its value.
  4. From ‘Preview Results’ section, preview the result of mail merge operation.

Ok, thanks for providing the detailed steps.

And, I believe first I need to set My Windows OS Region to ‘French (France)’ before opening Word File. correct?

@Rakesh2013

Yes, your understanding is correct.