We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Numbered Items correct in word- but not in PDF output


We have a document, which has two sets of numbered item. 1-5 in the first set, and then 1-5 in the following set.

When we view the document in MS word (2000 & 2013), the number is correct, but when converted to PDF the numbering is 1-5 & 6-10.


We found this issue as a result of Merging documents.

When Word 2000 runs the Mail Merge on the document it corrects the numbering (1-5 & 1-5), the original document has the incorrect numbering of 1-5 & 6-10.

However our newly implemented OpenXML merge, also has a 1-5 & 6-10, with again, the PDF containing a perfect match.

Converting a document that looks correct in word - but perhaps isn’t - produces the wrongly numbered PDF.

We expect there is a issue somewhere within Word or Aspose.Words, but we would like some clarification on where the issue lies.


(Examples attached - License not included)

Hi Adam,

Thanks for your inquiry. Could you please also attach your input Word document (504_004.doc) and output PDF document showing the undesired behavior here for testing? We will investigate the issue on our end and provide you more information.

Best regards,


Apologies, I thought I attached it.

This is a Very cut down version of the document, but shows the same error.


Hi Adam,

Thanks for your inquiry. We tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same problem on our end. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-9919. Our development team will further look into the details of this problem and we will keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-9919) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.