Numbered list not working correctly in huge documents

Hi,

Recently we got an issue report from one of our customers in which they were not able to generate a big document including numbered list correctly. I did manage to reproduce the issue using a simple standalone application.
I would try to generate many numbers of the numbered lists in a document but as you can see from the output, from some point in the document, generated lists would be generated without any numbering.
I attached the sample code here showing the problem.

aspose-numbered-list.zip (26.4 KB)

Regards,
Behrouz

@behrouz

We have tested the scenario using the latest version of Aspose.Words for Java 19.9 and have not found the shared issue. So, please use Aspose.Words for Java 19.9.

@tahir.manzoor

I tested Aspose.Words vesrions 19.10 and 19.9 and did manage to reproduce the issue with them.
If you just run the application from the previous post, you should see the issue.
I also attach the output here where you will see that numbered lists not being generated from page number 223.

output.docx.zip (24.6 KB)

@behrouz

We are investigating this issue and will get back to you soon.

@behrouz

Please note that Aspose.Words mimics the behavior of MS Word. It seems that MS Word has limited slots for list definitions and stops adding new lists after list count reaches 2046 items.

Instead of adding new lists in the document, we suggest you please use the list that is already added in the document for new lists.

@tahir.manzoor

Does It mean that it should still work for list with less items?
What would we expect If there are many different lists with few number of items in different places in the document? I’m not talking about only one list with lots of items.

thanks

@behrouz

MS Word allows 2046 lists in Word document. Could you please share complete detail of your use case along with input and expected output documents?

@tahir.manzoor

2046 lists limitation means all types of list (number, bullet,…)?

@behrouz

Yes, it is all types of lists. You can test this behavior using MS Word by creating lists manually.