Numbering continuing over next documents while printing multiple documents

Hi,

In our application, we are trying to merge multiple documents into a single PDF for printing as per client requirements. When the documents contain numbered lists, the numbering is continuing over for the next documents. Please see the source RTF documents that are used for merging into a PDF and the resultant PDF. Please note the numbering in the last page of the PDF. Also note the tab in the first page below “IMPRESSION”. Please let us know what is wrong.

Please find the code we are using for merging the documents attached with this.

Thanks,
-Eswar.
Hi Eswar,

Thanks for your inquiry. We have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue at our side. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-13463. You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved. We apologize for your inconvenience.
rsatti@imedx.com:
Also note the tab in the first page below "IMPRESSION". Please let us know what is wrong.
Could you please share some detail about this issue? We will then provide you more information about your query.

Hi,

Thanks for looking into it quickly. I hope this will get resolved soon. Our clients are using this feature extensively and are unhappy with the issue. Please disregard the issue about the “tab below IMPRESSION”. It looks the same in the original document.

Thanks,
-Eswar.
Hi Eswar,

Thanks for sharing the detail.

We will update you via this forum thread once this issue is resolved. Please let us know if you have any more queries.

Hi Tahir,

Thanks for your reply. We have done some testing and observed that the issue was not coming with the old version of the jar. However the new jar fixes some issues and hence we can’t go back to the old jar. Many of our clients are using this feature and hence it is important that we give a quick solution to them. Printing one document after the other is cumbersome and is not acceptable to them. Please get this fixed at the earliest.

Thanks,
-Eswar.

Hi Tahir,

I am sorry if I am nagging you. But as many of our customers are complaining about this issue, we have a decision to make. One choice is to go back to the old ASPOSE jar, but that will bring back some other issues (like the document properties messing up while merging the documents). Can you give us a probable date on when the current issue will be resolved so that we can base our decision on that? If this is going to be fixed soon, we can tell the same to our clients and ask them to bear with us. Please let us know when it will be fixed.

Thanks,
-Eswar.
Hi Eswar,

Thanks for your inquiry. Could you please share in which old version this issue does not appear?

We try our best to deal with every customer request in a timely fashion, we unfortunately cannot guarantee a delivery date to every customer issue. Our developers work on issues on a first come, first served basis. We feel this is the fairest and most appropriate way to satisfy the needs of the majority of our customers.

Currently, your issue is under analysis phase. Once our product team completes the analysis of your issue, we will then be able to provide you an estimate.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Hi Tahir,

Thanks for your reply. I agree with you that the requests should be served on a first come first served basis. But that holds good for requests only. Here we are not requesting for any new feature, but we are pointing out an existing bug (a functionality that broke down when we updated to the new version of ASPOSE). The merging of documents with numbered lists was working well with “Aspose.Words.14.1.jdk16”. I believe issues should take priority over new requests. I hope you understand that we are getting constant pounding from our clients on these issues, as they are using the functionality extensively and will prioritize the issues over the requests.

Thanks,
-Eswar.
Hi Eswar,

Thanks for your inquiry. Normally when an issue is reported by a customer it is added to the pool of current issues being worked on by our developers and is analyzed in a timely manner. However due to the nature of some bugs and the number of features we are working on, this doesn't always mean we can fix every bug within a short time after it's reported.

We are in communication with our product team about your issue. We will inform you via this forum thread once there is any update available on this issue.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-13463) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 19.5 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 19.5 update.