Numbering List Format is not working in Aspose generated document

Hi Team,

We are using aspose to convert an uploaded document to HTML format and then download the HTML as word doc.
When the word document containing numbering list is uploaded, the generated HTML appends spaces prior to every sub numbering list. While the doc is downloaded the numbering list format is lost and it doesn’t generate any auto numbering.
Latest version of Aspose is being used. Please let me know if there is any solution for the above issue.

Thanks

@sgangadurai

Thanks for your inquiry. You can use HtmlSaveOptions.ExportListLabels property to control how list labels are output to HTML document. Please set its value to ByHtmlTags. Hope this helps you.

If you still face problem, please ZIP and attach your input Word document here for testing. We will investigate the issue on our side and provide you more information.

Hi Tahir,

Thank you for your reply. The value setting ByHtmlTags does the re-numbering for the sub-bullets.eg., 1.1,1.2 changes to 1 and 2.
Attached is the test document uploaded and generated document from aspose.
If you can see, the sub numbering changes when it goes to 3.1.
Is Aspose not recognizing any format here ?.
Please let me know.
PLEASE NOTE - Documents were uploaded and downloaded in word format. Forum allowed only pdf attachment so have attcahed the PDFs.

Thanks
Sindhuja
Autonumbering - PreDefined.pdf (151.4 KB)
Response_Autonumbering.pdf (151.4 KB)

@sgangadurai

Please ZIP and attach your input Word document and expected output HTML. We will investigate the issue on our side and provide you more information.

Hi Tahir,

Please find the attachment as requested.Autonumbering.zip (16.0 KB)

@sgangadurai

Thanks for sharing the detail. We have tested the scenario using the latest version of Aspose.Words for .NET 18.12 and have not found the shared issue. So, please upgrade to the latest version of Aspose.Words for .NET 18.12. We have attached the output documents with this post for your kind reference. output.zip (1.2 KB)

@tahir.manzoor

Not sure if you have noticed. In the file which is uploaded the subnumbering under Test 3 is 3.1, 3.2, 3.3.
But in the response file, that numbering has been changed to 1.1,1.2,1.3 under Test 3 which is ideally not a correct numbering.
Please let me know why the numbering gets wrong here.

Thanks
Sindhuja

@sgangadurai

Thanks for your inquiry. Have you checked the attached output HTML documents in my previous post? The input document “Autonumbering - PreDefined.docx” and output HTML have the sub-numbering as 3.1, 3.2, 3.3. The FireFox and Chrome render the numbers correctly. Please check the attached image.

@tahir.manzoor

Thanks for pointing it out.
I have upgraded the version to 18.12 and tested some documents. There are few issues

1. When there is space between the Sub-numbering, then the Sub-Autonumbering doesn’t work. Is there some restriction with the spaces between the sub-numbering?. Attachment has the uploaded and response file for the same. (Autonumbering - WITH SPACES folder)

2. When there is no space, there is some issue which happens while converting wordtoHTML where it appends extra space in the last two lines( 3.3 and 3.4) (SCREENCAST IS IN THE ATTACHMENT). So the aspose generated file doesn’t work for sub-autonumbering in last section. (Autonumbering - WITHOUT SPACES folder)

Let me know if there is some way to get the auto-numbering working.
Thank you for helping me out to figure out the issue.

Thanks
Sindhuja
Autonumbering.zip (53.4 KB)

@sgangadurai

Thanks for your inquiry.

We have not found any issue with output HTML. Could you please share some more detail about this issue? How are you check this is not working? Thanks for your cooperation.

We have converted the “Numbering Doc - Test without spaces.docx” to HTML and noticed that the space between list label and text is decreased. We have logged this issue as WORDSNET-17892 in our issue tracking system. You will be notified via this forum thread once it is resolved. We apologize for your inconvenience.

@tahir.manzoor

We have not found any issue with output HTML. Could you please share some more detail about this issue? How are you check this is not working? Thanks for your cooperation.

[quote=“sgangadurai, post:9, topic:186495”]

Thank you for the response. There is no issue with the HTML generation in this case. The issue is with the Aspose generated file. As you can see in the above attachment, the Auto-numbering is not working for any of the sub-numbers like 2.1,2.2 or 3.1, 3.2 etc…, The Auto-numbering is getting generated for the Major numbers like 1,2,3,4 but whereas in sub-numbering, the auto generation is not working.

Screencast - https://www.screencast.com/t/kbvkmfstm

Please let me know if any other information is needed.

Thanks
Sindhuja

@sgangadurai

Thanks for sharing the detail. We are working over your query and will get back to you soon.

@sgangadurai

We suggest you please upgrade to the latest version of Aspose.Words for .NET 18.12. Hope this helps you.

If you still face problem, please create a standalone console application ( source code without compilation errors ) that helps us to reproduce your problem on our end and attach it here for testing. Thanks for your cooperation.

@tahir.manzoor

Thank you for the reply. Will it be useful for you if i give a sample web application with all the functionality that is done using aspose?, which will help to see the issue. Please let me know.

Thanks
Sindhuja

@sgangadurai

Thanks for your inquiry.

We have tested the scenario using the following code example and managed to reproduce the same issue at our end. We have logged this issue as WORDSNET-17954 in our issue tracking system. You will be notified via this forum thread once it is resolved. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Document doc = new Document(MyDir + “Numbering Doc - Test with spaces.docx”);
doc.Save(MyDir + “18.12.html”);

Hi @tahir.manzoor,

Thank you for raising the issues. Is there any tentative timeline for these issues to get resolved. Please let me if there is any tentative timeline for these issues to get resolved. since our applications are using this functionality.

Thanks
Sindhuja

@sgangadurai

Thanks for your inquiry. We try our best to deal with every customer request in a timely fashion, we unfortunately cannot guarantee a delivery date to every customer issue. We work on issues on a first come, first served basis. We feel this is the fairest and most appropriate way to satisfy the needs of the majority of our customers.

Currently, your issue is pending for analysis and is in the queue. Once we complete the analysis of your issue, we will then be able to provide you an estimate.

You reported this issue in free support forum and it will be treated with normal priority. To speed up the progress of issue’s resolution, we suggest you please check our paid support policies from following link.
Paid Support Policies

Hi Tahir,

Hope all is good. Can you please let us know if there is any progress with the report issue.

I understand that the issues are treated with first come first served basis but based upon the current backlogs and that priority that our issue is set to can you please provide a tentative timeline on when can we expect a fix for this issue.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Sayee

@sgangadurai

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, there is no ETA available on your issues. We will be sure to inform you via this forum thread once these issues are resolved. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi Team,

This is a gentle follow-up on the reported issue. Can you please let us know if there are any updates on the status of this issue. Is there any ETA set for this by now?

Thanks,
Sayee