We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

NumberList issue when merging documents using Aspose

We are seeing issues with number lists not populating correctly when we use Aspose’s compare feature on two documents.

I am sharing a test app with the documents which we are trying to compare and save. The final versions of the document does not populate the number list as expected.
Thanks,
Abhay K.

Attachment:Aspose_TestApp.zip (44.0 KB)

@abhaykhotpal

Thanks for your inquiry. We have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue at our side. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-18223. You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Any update on number list issue with merged Word document please?

its works in past, so I tested most of the releases starting from 19.5 and going backward.
I found 16.6.0.0 still working with Web and Windows application, so I am downgrading to 16.6 until fixed.

@abhaykhotpal, @mtariq134

This issue has been resolved in the latest version of Aspose.Words for .NET 19.5. We have attached the output document with this post for your kind reference. 19.5.zip (4.0 KB)

No, it’s not fixed,
I have sent via email attached two documents, original and merged with other documents. Still work with 16.6.0.0, but all new version have same issue.
Code line: docx.AppendDocument(docxTemp, ImportFormatMode.KeepSourceFormatting);
Email replay was sent on 5/31/19.

@mtariq134

The issue (WORDSNET-18223) reported in this forum thread is related to Document.Compare method instead of Document.AppendDocument method.

Please create a new topic in Aspose.Words’ forum according to your issue. Please ZIP and attach your input, output and expected output documents along with code example to reproduce your issue at our end. We will investigate the issue and provide you more information about your query.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-18223) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 19.12 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 19.12 update.