Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Numeric Smart Marker inserting cell value as text

I am attempting to create an app that loads an arbitrary designer spreadsheet that is populated via a series of smart markers and where the data source is a json file. However, I have a series of numeric fields whose values are being inserted into the output.xlsx as text values rather than numeric. When I open the output file I see these values are flagged as text and excel is able to convert them to numbers.

Please help me understand how I can get these cells to populate with numeric values. The only way I’ve been able to do so is to define the shape of the accounts object in code (see SetDataSourceAnonymousObject vs SetDataSourceFromJson in WorkbookBuilder.cs). ExcelDotNetCorePoc.zip (520.5 KB).

I’ve formatted the columns in the designer spreadsheet (LedgerTemplate.xlsx) as ‘Accounting’ formats and here’s how I’ve defined the smart markers:

&=sourceData.accounts.actual(numeric, skip:1)
&=sourceData.accounts.budget(numeric, skip:1)

The json file also defines these values as numbers.

{
  "accounts": [
    {
      "title": "Advertising",
      "code": "adv1000",
      "actual": 401475,
      "budget": 415000
    },
    {
      "title": "Office Equipment",
      "code": "WBMason",
      "actual": 43120,
      "budget": 30000
    }
  ]
}

I’ve zipped and uploaded the solution and projects to reproduce this behavior. Please let me know if you need any additional information or have any suggestions to reliably get these columns to output as numeric data when the values are in fact numeric.

@michaelrichards,
We have logged the issue as “CELLSNET-47252” in our database for investigations. Once, we will have some news for you, we will update you in this topic.

@michaelrichards,
This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue (logged earlier as “CELLSNET-47252”) now. We will soon provide you the fixed version after performing QA and incorporating other enhancements and fixes.

@michaelrichards,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v20.3.3 (attached)

Your issue should be fixed in it.

Let us know your feedback.
Aspose.Cells20.3.3 For .Net2_AuthenticodeSigned.Zip (5.3 MB)
Aspose.Cells20.3.3 For .Net4.0.Zip (5.3 MB)

Thanks @Amjad_Sahi. I tested the .net 4.0 bundle and it resolved the issue! Is this an official release just pending release via nuget? is the .Net2 version .Net Standard v2 or is it full .net framework v2?

@michaelrichards,

Well, the fix, i.e., Aspose.Cells for .NET v20.3.3 is although an interim release but it is fully tested and you may use it in production server without any issue, it includes all the functionality (full fledged) of previous official release (Aspose.Cells for .NET v20.3) plus a few enhancements/fixes (till that fix). However, if you still want official/regular release (from Downloads section and nuget repos.), you may wait 2-3 weeks. We are scheduled to publish our next official release of the product, i.e., Aspose.Cells for .NET v20.4 in the third week of April, 2020, you will also be notified once the release is published in Downloads and nuget repos, this release will also include your fix.

It is full .NET framework version 2.0. If you need .NET Standard 2.0 fix, let us know, we will provide you as well.

Thanks, we can wait for the full release in April.

@michaelrichards,

You are welcome.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-47252) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for .NET v20.4. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by Amjad_Sahi