Obfuscation makes the library crash under .NET/WebAssembly

Hi,

The NuGet package seems to be obfuscated and it makes the library crash under .NET/WebAssembly: [Wasm] System.Exception: Cannot bind method: �  .� · Issue #19865 · mono/mono · GitHub

Is there any chance you could provide a version without obfuscation?

Thanks in advance,

-Marcos

@mcobena,

The Aspose libraries are obfuscated by design to preserve intellectual property rights of the company. In fact no issues have been reported regarding API obfuscation and its dependence or limitation of usage on features of API.

If you have any issue while using API, please share the issue details along with source file and working sample project reproducing the issue. We will try our best to help you.

Hi @mudassir.fayyaz,

Thanks for the quick reply; please, find the repro steps at the URL I posted above. Let me know if you need more info.

@mcobena,

I have observed the sample project shared by you. However, I am unable to use that on my end. But. I have extracted the portion related to loading of DWG in your sample project and have created a new solution that is able to load the DWG file without any issue. In your project, you are loading file from stream and it is probably not loaded properly and when you pass that stream to Aspose.CAD for loading, it gives exception on loading. Both API and DWG file doesn’t seem to have any issue. The issue lies in loading file from stream on your end most likely.

CadLoadTest.zip (33.7 KB)

@mudassir.fayyaz,

Thanks again.

I had already tried the same code in a desktop app, or .NET Core Console one, without issues. The problem arises on WebAssembly, which’s the repro I provided.

Can I help you to use it in your end? Which issue do you experience?

@mcobena,

The Github project that you have mentioned is a Class Library project and cannot be directly used or executed. On the other hand when I have tested a standalone sample application there has been no issue in API. Therefore, please also provide the working Executable Project that is referring the Class Library Project and reproducing the issue.

@mudassir.fayyaz,

The GitHub project, although looks similar to a Class Library, uses a different .NET SDK to provide a static web app. Build it and you’ll notice, in the output folder, a index.html plus a bunch of other ones.

Here I explain how you can serve those files locally; however, dotnet serve is a good option too.

If you browse that index.html and open the Developer Console (F12 usually), you’ll get the error :slight_smile:

@mcobena,

I have observed the issue shared by you and have created a ticket with ID CADNET-1117 in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be notified once the issue will be addressed.

1 Like

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CADNET-1117) have been fixed in this update.