Object reference not set to an instance of an object (license.SetLicense)

This application worked earlier this morning, but now I get this message

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

Line 30:         // Define the Aspose.Words license
Line 31:         Aspose.Words.License license = new Aspose.Words.License();
Line 32:         license.SetLicense("../Bin/Aspose.Words.lic");
Line 33: 

This error now occurs for every module that uses AsposeWords. It is from the published web site. I have a local working copy from Visual Source Safe and everything works fine in it.
The license code is form the page_load event.
Thanks!
Bill Patterson

Hi
Thanks for your inquiry. I never had seen this problem. Try to remove reference to Aspose.Words.dll and then add this reference again. Also you can try to register Aspose.Words.dll in GAC.
Can you create any Aspose.Words object, for example document? Try to comment this code for testing.
Best regards.

An update - after a half hour or so, the problem went away, with no changes being made to any code or the published web site.
I am note sure what to make of this. I suspect it may happen again and since it is on a production system used by a number of people, this makes me worry.
Bill Patterson
UW Madison School of Business