OCR clinched after PDF-A conversion

Hi,

we’re using Aspose.PDF [.NET] (10.4.0.0) to convert different kind of files to PDF-A.

Currently we’re facing problems with some scanned PDF documents.

After the conversion to PDF-A the OCR information is somehow clinched.

Please find below a simplified code sample to reproduce the problem:

using (Stream inputStream = new FileStream(“SampleDocument.pdf”, FileMode.Open))

{

using (Document document = new Document(inputStream))

{

using (Stream outputLogStream = new MemoryStream())

{

document.Convert(outputLogStream, PdfFormat.PDF_A_3B, ConvertErrorAction.Delete);

}

document.Save("SampleDocumentAsPdfA.pdf");

}

}

Could you provide us a solution for our problem?

Best regards

Hi Claudia,

Please share your source/input PDF files causing this issue, so that we can test the scenario in our environment. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Hi Nayyer,

please find some test-documents attached.

Regards

Hi Claudia,

Thanks for sharing source documents. I have tested your scenario with shared document using Aspose.Pdf for .NET 10.6.0 and managed to observe the reported issue. For further investigation, I have logged an issue in our issue tracking system as PDFNEWNET-39158 and also linked your request to it. We will keep you updated via this thread regarding the issue status.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

<span style=“font-size:10.0pt;font-family:“Arial”,“sans-serif”;mso-fareast-font-family:
Calibri;color:#333333;mso-ansi-language:EN-US;mso-fareast-language:EN-US;
mso-bidi-language:AR-SA”>Best Regards

Hi Tilal,

since our customers are experiencing serious problems with this issue I would like to ask whether there is any news on the solution.

Thanks.
Regards

Hi Claudia,

Thanks for your inquiry. I am afraid your reported issue is still not resolved, as our product team is busy in fixing other issues in the queue, reported earlier. However we have recorded your concern and requested our product team to complete the analysis and share an ETA at their earliest. We will notify you as soon as we made some significant progress towards issue resolution.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation.

Best Regards,