OCR demo will not extract text

I need to extract text from a scanned image. I tried the OCR demo and I’m getting an error message that the format is invalid. The image is a TIFF image.

Hi John,

Can you please attach the sample image for analysis?

Best Regards,

I get an error that I do not have permissions to upload a file and I need to contact my system administrator. The person who setup the account tells me he does not have control over permissions.

Hi John,

There are two issues in your file:

1. At the moment, Aspose.OCR for .NET supports .tiff extension. A new issue to support .tif extension also has been logged into our issue tracking system as OCR-29714. We will update you once this issue is resolved. In the meantime, you can save your file with .tiff extension.
  2. 16pt and 32pt +/- 20% font sizes are supported at the moment but your file has smaller font sizes. I was able to successfully extract the heading from this image because of the bigger font size. Remaining text was not extracted correctly. This issue has been logged into our issue tracking system as OCR-29144. We will keep you updated on this issue in this thread.

Please feel free to contact us in case you have further comments or questions.

Best Regards,

I download and try to install but arise the error
1. The project file doesnt support this version
after that i created another one new project file and copy all codes and paste with my project file.that time error created as assembly cannot be loaded…
So how can i avoid any one of the error…please help me what are the steps to install in correct manner…otherwise how to avoid these errors…
thanks in advance

Hi Venkatesan,

Please let us know which version of Visual Studio are you using and follow your new thread http://www.aspose.com/community/forums/361672/ocr-text-from-images-doesnt-start/showthread.aspx#361672 for further replies.

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for JasperReports 18.3 update.