Ocr-java-examples to read text from images- the output doesn't match the text in the images

I want OCR functionality in my application to read text from images. I have question-answer based website and I want my users to upload a question from textbooks or notes by simply clicking it and uploading to our site. Then I require to convert that image into text format.

I have registered on your site for a 30 day free trial. Now when I use your given sample code i.e. ocr-java-examples to read text from images, the output doesn’t match the text in the images. I am attaching some images and their outputs are as below.

image19.jpg output --> A rUnraC* 1r-ead cr a uesu lreead Rannor re lesenm

image4.png output --> W

image9.jpg output --> `Theyiustmovedtomew Vork and it's kvnaa empty and

resume.jpg output --> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

at com.aspose.ocr.internal.azy.b(Unknown Source)

at com.aspose.ocr.internal.azy.a(Unknown Source)

at com.aspose.ocr.internal.avv.a(Unknown Source)

at com.aspose.ocr.OcrEngine.a(Unknown Source)

at com.aspose.ocr.OcrEngine.process(Unknown Source)

at com.aspose.ocr.examples.WorkingWithOcr.PerformOCROnImage.main(PerformOCROnImage.java:36)

When I analyse this type of output, I came to know, image quality is 96 dpi so I have a question

A] CAN YOUR SOFTWARE CORRECTLY HANDLE IMAGE WITH 96 DPI QUALITY? Because, our users take image from mobile camera and mobile gives upto 96 dpi images. or provide me guidelines about how to increase image quality ?

B] There is a very high volume of OCR work and we are really anxiously searching this type of software. But we have two key points, which MUST be fixed beforehand.

i] It is not possible to make input of 300 dpi images. So, your software must convert the images which is I am sending

[see attachment. Please try to convert image name - image19.jpg

ii] Extracted text must be same as shown in image.

Please provide me the necessary guidelines.

Thanks & regards

Hi Irfan,

I do not see any image attached to your post. Can you please attach the image again?

As far as your queries are concerned, Aspose.OCR requires 300 DPI or above images to produce best results at the moment. Accuracy rate tends to decrease with the decrease in DPI. An issue to produce accurate results against low DPI images has already been logged into our issue tracking system as OCR-34250. We will update you as soon as the issue is resolved.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for JasperReports 18.3 update.