OCR Question

I’m
looking at a Developer OEM license for Aspose OCR, but I need to OCR a
server full of PDF and TIF files, is it possible? The brief intro
indicated it would only
do images?

This message was posted using Email2Forum by Merit.

Hi,

Thanks for considering Aspose.

Aspose.OCR for .NET allows you to extract OCR text from images only. You can use Aspose.Pdf for .NET to extract text from PDF files. Check these topics for more details.

Please feel free to contact us in case you have further comments or questions.

Best Regards,

Thanks for the reply, I did some searching, but was only able to find forum topics from 08 indicating you were going to add it. Does Aspose.PDF do ocr for PDF’s that are full of scanned images? And how could I use that to OCR a tiff and turn it into a PDF?

Hi,

At the moment you need two products Aspose.OCR and Aspose.Pdf for this purpose. Aspose.Pdf can extract text and images from PDF and Aspose.OCR can extract text from images (TIFF and BMP). After extracting text from images, you can use Aspose.Pdf again to create a new PDF and embed extracted text and images in that PDF. Please check this blog post https://blog.aspose.com/2011/07/20/extract-text-from-pdf-including-images-combine-aspose.pdf-and-aspose.ocr for more details on this topic.

The feature you have found in another forum thread is about exporting the extracted text and the source image to searchable PDF. You will not be able to extract text from PDF because we already have another product Aspose.Pdf for this purpose.

Please feel free to contact us in case you have further comments or questions.

Best Regards,